Language: English / Spanish
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

welcome to Sony's community site

Get involved! Whether you are here to ask or give help - we are happy you stopped by and look forward to seeing you in the future! Please watch our Welcome Video to get started.

VAIO - Software & Other Operating Systems

USER-917469

VAIO Care has stopped working

Please help! Sony's tech support has not been able to resolve my problem after 2 chats with 3 different technicians and I have attempted to download all VAIO Care software downloads from the Sony site. Does anyone know how to stop the error message VAIO CARE has stopped working. Windows is searching for a solution to this problem. I get message whenever I start up my computer. Also, how do I download VAIO Care software so that it works? When I go to the start menu and attempt to use VAIO Care, I get the same error messages as above.

Thanks for any help!
Please use plain text.
PeterT

Re: VAIO Care has stopped working

User-917469,

I'm sorry to hear about your software issue regarding VAIO Care. It's going to be difficult for us to assist because we don't know the model number of your VAIO PC.

Here are some suggestions;

Option # 1
Uninstall the VAIO Care Application and reinstall from esupport.sony.com

Option #2
Run a restore point to a date where the VAIO Care application was working.

Option #3
Perform a C: Drive Recovery. This will wipe the Hard drive and revert back to factory condtion (data will be loss)

Please help! Sony's tech support has not been able to resolve my problem after 2 chats with 3 different technicians and I have attempted to download all VAIO Care software downloads from the Sony site. Does anyone know how to stop the error message VAIO CARE has stopped working. Windows is searching for a solution to this problem. I get message whenever I start up my computer. Also, how do I download VAIO Care software so that it works? When I go to the start menu and attempt to use VAIO Care, I get the same error messages as above.

Thanks for any help!

Sony Community Manager
Sr. Software Engineer
Peter Tat
Please use plain text.
Tuning Up
footbagging

Re: VAIO Care has stopped working

The same thing is happening to vpceg2dfx but i cant update to 8.1 because i dont have 6.4.2 or 7.3 installed. I cant find any of those updates anywhere and i am cant restore my computer. I am getting really frustrated please help
Please use plain text.