Language: English / Spanish

welcome to Sony's community site

Get involved! Whether you are here to ask or give help - we are happy you stopped by and look forward to seeing you in the future! Please watch our Welcome Video to get started.

VAIO - Software & Other Operating Systems

Nico
Accepted Solution

VAIO Messenger:

A few minutes after each time I logon to Windows 7, I'm getting a message from VAIO messenger saying that

"The application was unable to complete an operation."

If you expand the details, there is a stack trace from:

System.MissingMethodException: No parameterless constructor defined for this object.

It appears that this is a run-time error on the VAIO messenger software. But, since I'm using the current version of VAIO care, it doesn't seem like there's anything I else I could update the software to.

What can I do then outside of uninstalling VAIO messenger?
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
USER-946213

Re: VAIO Messenger:

Hi
I too have had this exact same problem since I purchases my laptop in january and so far I haven't been able to figure out what up with it. In fact, I got so fed up with it I had a vaio sony person remotely access my computer and try to figure it out but honestly they really didn't tell me much. So yes, If you do figure it out, Plz let me know.Thank you
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
USER-979943

I bought a VPCCA in May and I'm having the same problem. When I look in the system tray Vaio Messenger does not apper to be there. SO I suspect it failed to load.

I've contacted via email DDNi (the help information directed me to www.ddni.com/vmsupport) and am waiting to hear back.

Is Messenger a sub program of another sony system program? When I look at the programs and drivers for my laptop there is no messenger program I can reload to fix this issue.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
USER-979943

DDNi said they are aware of the problem and will put out a silent update.

They suggest for the time being to turn Vaio Messenger off by going to Vaio Messenger settings in the start menu or removing it from the start-up folder.

I can not find Vaio Messenger in either place.

On my own I've done a couple of things which seem to have fixed the proble:

1. I made sure my firewall was not blocking the application. I'm running Symantec Business addition. I noticed several outgoing blocked attemps in the network logs.

2. Unistalled then re-installed Vaio Care lates addition

3. Stopped PMB from auto updating and analyzing media files from my home network. I have a vast amount of media files on my network. PBM was eating up resources and slowing down my machine on start-up.

I haven't seen the error since but I still don't see away to change the setting in Messenger. I've changed the notification to always show in the system tray but it still does not show up.
Please use plain text.