VAIO - Software & Other Operating Systems

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Apprentice
Message 1 of 8 (4,592 Views)
Accepted Solution

VAIO Remote Control app?

I have a Tap 11 with an IR transmitter/blaster in it, which originally came with a "VAIO Remote Control" app which you could use to be a universal remote for TVs, etc.

Anyone know where to get this app? I can't find it anywhere.

Thanks.

-Ray

Message 2 of 8 (4,570 Views)

Re: VAIO Remote Control app?

[ Edited ]

Hi Ray5885,

Welcome to Sony Community!

What is the exact model name and the current operating system of your laptop? You may check the Sony official website to get the compatible drivers for your device. 

Regards,
Jen

Answered your question? Glad I could help! Please Click the "Accept as Solution" button below.
Apprentice
Message 3 of 8 (4,554 Views)

Thanks Jen. I'm asking about the app, not the driver. I have the driver installed. As far as I can tell the app is not on that website. Pretty sure the same app is used on the Xperia Tablet S. Could you point me to the app for any model and any operating system?

-Ray

Message 4 of 8 (4,537 Views)

Hi Ray5885,

Thank you for the clarification. Are you looking for the Sony IR Remote Control Software ? If yes then just click on the software to go to the right page. I found this from Vaio tap 11 model at Sony website. 

I hope this helps. 

Regards,
Jen

Answered your question? Glad I could help! Please Click the "Accept as Solution" button below.

Apprentice
Message 5 of 8 (4,530 Views)

I thought that was it also because of reading the title, but it seems to me that despite the label this is only a driver (which is why it says it makes the yellow exclamation mark in Device Manager go away). After running this program I cannot find any evidence of an installed program. I ran it on a SVT11213CXB running Windows 8, freshly restored from the recovery partition.

Thanks.

-Ray

Highlighted
Message 6 of 8 (4,494 Views)

Hi Ray5885

Using Vaio Care (Desktop) app, try to reinstall VAIO Remote Control app. This article will guide us on how to do that: https://us.en.kb.sony.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/37795

Hope this works. 

Best regards,

Vincent 

If my post answers your question, please mark it as "Accept as Solution"

Enthusiast
Message 7 of 8 (4,293 Views)

I have same issue and try to call sony , they tell me the only way is restore the TAP 11

And I did, but when Im able to see the Remote App, I have find out where can download it !

Here is the URL, hope can help you guy !

VAIO Remote control (https://www.microsoft.com/store/apps/9wzdncrfj2g0)

Apprentice
Message 8 of 8 (4,048 Views)

Awesome! Your link worked! Thank you!!!

Get Social

Share your ideas Watch YouTube Support Videos follow us on Twitter Visit us on Facebook