Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted
Rookie
Message 1 of 2 (2,794 Views)
Accepted Solution

VAIO SVF14A15CXB Windows 8 Keyboard / Touchpad not working

Hi,

My son's VAIO FIT SVF14A15CXB laptop has been down for months.   I finally after tens of hours of troubleshooting to reset it back to factory.  So, I get it back to Factory, but of course Vaio wants to run updates, I make a restore point, run them, and uninstall Kapersky.   Then, keyboard does not work, nor the touch pad.   The virtual one works, and Windows works fine.   Sigh, this has to be the most frusting laptop on the planet.   Argggghh..   The keyboard and mouse are CODE 19 in the device manager.   Removing them does not help, updating the drivers via Windows does not help.  I cannot figure out where the Windows 8 drivers for just the keyboard/mouse touchpad are.   Yes, I have run the VAIO updates (except all the application bloatware).   I have run the Kapersky removal tool.   I have searched for upperfilters in registry for Kapersky (but you that yielded nothing).  The amount of time I have put into this thing, just to get Windows 8 restored was amazing, and I think this all happened because of a VAIO Update, and Windows 8 update.   I have turned off Windows updates and about 175 at about 1GB+ sitting waiting to install.  So, if I return to a restore point, I am going to have all these VAIO updates waiting that will kill my system again !!   What do you guys advise ?  Should I just go to the Hundreds of Windows 8 updates, get them installed, and see if that does anything ?  I am fairly certain it will do nothing.   Oh btw, they keyboard works fine in the Assist modes, so it is not the hardware, just foobarred drivers, for the life of me cannot isolate how to get them updated ?   This is the most expensive brick I have every had.    Nice backlight still working too..  

Sleepless in Austin,

Bob

Rookie
Message 2 of 2 (2,786 Views)

Re: VAIO SVF14A15CXB Windows 8 Keyboard / Touchpad not working

Ok, I fixed it.   Amazing..  Maybe I did not actually use the Update Driver from device manager after all, and only

removed it.. o rnot both the smbus and keyboard or something.  yay.   Now on to 1GB+ windows update, after another restore point, and Restore CD Creation.   Wow..

Get Social

Share your ideas Watch YouTube Support Videos follow us on Twitter Visit us on Facebook