Language: English / Spanish
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

welcome to Sony's community site

Get involved! Whether you are here to ask or give help - we are happy you stopped by and look forward to seeing you in the future! Please watch our Welcome Video to get started.

VAIO - Software & Other Operating Systems

New Contributor
acaela

VAIO Update 5 Fails to Install

I uninstalled Update 3, downloaded Update 5, ran it, it installed successfully. It then immediately searched for updates and told me there was a new version of Update I must install in order for Update to work. I accepted, it then uninstalled Update 5 that I had just installed, then stopped working completely. It didn't install anything. How can I this thing installed?
Please use plain text.
MatthewB

Re: VAIO Update 5 Fails to Install

Check for previous versions of Vaio Update in Programs and Features in Control Panel and uninstall. Check the Program Files/Sony folder and delete any Vaio Update subfolders, reboot and try loading again.
Please use plain text.
USER-975256

I had the same experience as aceola. I could not find any sub-folders to delete. I have a Vaio w/ Vista 32.
Please use plain text.
MatthewB

Check your security software and if necessary switch it off while the install is running, also clear out your temp folder as there may be files left over in there from previous installs causing a conflict.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Mentorn

I am having the same problem. My computer is a PCG-GRT390ZP with Windows XP Professional. I recently found the update on the eSupport website. Immediately after installing it said it would need to download an update. It uninstalled the version I had just installed, popped up the installer for the new version, then the installer exited unexpectedly (just disappeared, no errors or anything). I have tried clearing out any Vaio Update folders in Program Files/Sony, uninstalling all versions of Vaio Update via Add/Remove Programs, and disabling my antivirus software (I have McAfee VirusScan Enterprise 8.5). I still have the same problem.
Please use plain text.
MatthewB

Try going into msconfig and disabling the startup programs, reboot and try running it again as it seems there may be some process in the background that the install program is clashing with. Once your done you can check "Normal Startup" again and reboot.

If you are still having issues after this, contact Sony support and they will be happy to assist:

http://esupport.sony.com/US/perl/suppor ... CGGRT390ZP
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Mentorn

Still no luck. First I tried disabling all startup items and all services beginning with "McAfee." Then I tried disabling more things and eventually got to the point where I disabled all startup items and services except for networking. The same thing still happens.
Please use plain text.