Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted
Enthusiast
Message 1 of 26 (20,546 Views)
Accepted Solution

VAIO laptop touch screen with cursor in transparent circles and squares

On my Sony Vaio touch screen laptop (Windows 8), about once every half hour a series of transparent circles show up in a vertical line, some of which contain a cursor.  There are about 6 or 7 circles which are about the size of a dime.  During this, my regular cursor moves sporadically and barely moves.  There will be several cursors on the screen but only one will respond.  Also during this, the touch screen stops working.  Just opening the task manager, but NOT quitting any tasks, corrects the problem.  Any ideas on how I can fix this?

Expert
Message 2 of 26 (20,525 Views)

Re: VAIO laptop touch screen with cursor in transparent circles and squares

Hello Santiago,

Could you please post a screen shot of the described issue?

Regards,

Charlie

Enthusiast
Message 3 of 26 (20,512 Views)

Here is a screen shot.  Notice the transparent circles on left side at top and bottom.  The bottom one has a cursor in it which is NOT my cursor.    My cursor moves eradically when these appear and sometimes the left 1/5 of the touch screen near the transparent circles is not responsive.  It seem like a touchscreen hardware issue.

Sony Vaio screen problem.jpg

Expert
Message 4 of 26 (20,503 Views)

Thanks for the picture Santiago.  You might be correct with your initial prediction, a possible touchscreen hardware issue.  However, I would like you to try the following steps first before contacting Sony support to initiate repair.

1.  Go to the Device Manager list and expanding the "Human Interface Devices" (HID).

2.  Disable "USB input device" for the touchscreen and then reboot your computer.

3.  If the circles/squares are gone then re-enable back what you just disabled from the device manager.

Regards,

Charlie

Enthusiast
Message 5 of 26 (20,471 Views)

Thanks Charlie.  I tried your solution twice and it fixed the problem for a few hours both times, then the problem returned. It seems to be getting more frequent.  Any other ideas?

Rookie
Message 6 of 26 (19,820 Views)

[ Edited ]

Hi,

I am also getting same issue (circles in lappy and touch become unresponsive and when I do reboot, issue disappears but after some time same issue comes again). 

My Model number is F15A13

Did you find any solution to this problem? or sony solved your problem?

Rookie
Message 7 of 26 (19,754 Views)

I am having exactly the same problem.

Please let me know how the issue was finally resolved.

Did you have to send it out to a service center?

Was it a harware problem?

Enthusiast
Message 8 of 26 (19,600 Views)

[ Edited ]

I have this problem too! And same thing it stops once I start up task manager. Also, when it seemingly goes back to normal after I start up task manager, I am only able to scroll with the touchscreen and I cannot click or select anything...

My laptop model is SVT13138CXS

Please let me know if there is a solution for this, or do I have to take it back to the Windows Store since I bought the insurance for it...

Enthusiast
Message 9 of 26 (19,299 Views)

I've got a similar problem just started tonight. I rubbed a spot off my screen and two transparent cirlces appeared. The cursor works but the touch screen doesn't now and any page flickers as the circles flicker.

I tried the fix above, I disabled the two USBInput devices I havein device manager and re-booted. When I re-enabled one, the cursor worked but the touch screen still didn't. When I re-enabled the other the circles re-appeared. This laptop is only 8 weeks old, not impressed with it.

Expert
Message 10 of 26 (19,292 Views)

Hey there Moidiaro!

Can you please provide the exact model name of your laptop. 

-Tim

Get Social

Share your ideas Watch YouTube Support Videos follow us on Twitter Visit us on Facebook