Welcome to the Community!

VAIO - Software & Other Operating Systems

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Enthusiast
Message 21 of 26 (3,353 Views)

Re: VAIO laptop touch screen with cursor in transparent circles and squares

Thanks Charlie.  I have a Lenovo touch screen and your post is the only one I found in reference to the strange circles and blinking non functioning cursor in right hand corner and erratic screen  problems.

I did as you instructed:

1) locate  device manager within the control panel,

2)then clicked on Human Interface Device and

3) then located the 2 items called USB input device...  I disabled both of them (there were two).

4) rebooted.

When I rebooted, all problems have disappeared and I see no reason to re-enable them.  I lost the touch screen capabilities... but to be quite honest... don't care one bit.

My computer works perfectly fine... actually better... now without touch screen than before when I had touchscreen.

The "benefits" of touch screen definitely are not worth it for me.. considering  I had to put up with the added problems that the extra "convenience' provided.

thank you Charlie.  I can now start to be productive and efficient with my time again.. since my touch screen problems have been eliminated.

Enthusiast
Message 22 of 26 (937 Views)

I have 4 small transparent circles on my screen which appeared today.  I have a Vaio

Enthusiast
Message 23 of 26 (937 Views)

I have 4 small transparent circles on my screen which appeared today.  I have a Vaio

Message 24 of 26 (887 Views)

Hi, Casabote

Thank you for considering Sony Community! 

For further assistance, we kindly recommend visiting our Sony Global Website for information on contacting the Sony Support Center in your region at http://www.sony.net/SonyInfo/Support/. Due to proximity, they are in a better position to respond to your questions or concerns.

Regards,

Vincent 

If my post answers your question, please mark it as "Accept as Solution"

Rookie
Message 25 of 26 (418 Views)

Hi There,

Your solution works/But it diables the Touchscreen completely? Which i need to Use?

Highlighted
Message 26 of 26 (381 Views)

Hi Mulnob,

Welcome to Sony Community!

The solution provided by ricolette works because the driver for the touch screen is disabled. He also mentioned that he lost the touch screen capabilities. You may re-enable those USB input devices to be able to activate the touch screen function. If the cursor is the issue which links to the touch pad, you need to uninstall/reinstall touchpad driver & check for driver updates. Replicate the issue afterward.

For further assistance, we highly recommend visiting our Sony Global Web site for information on contacting the Sony Support Center in your region at http://www.sony.net/SonyInfo/Support/.

Regards,

Jen

Answered your question? Glad I could help! Please Click the "Accept as Solution" button below.

Get Social

Share your ideas Watch YouTube Support Videos follow us on Twitter Visit us on Facebook