Welcome to the Community!

VAIO - Software & Other Operating Systems

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Enthusiast
Message 11 of 26 (6,177 Views)

Re: VAIO laptop touch screen with cursor in transparent circles and squares

Hi Tim, its the touch screen (obviously), I can't see a model name on it but the model number is SVF 152C29M personal computer on Windows 8.

Enthusiast
Message 12 of 26 (6,166 Views)

Oooooh! Turned it on this evening and they've gone! Fingers crossed......

Message 13 of 26 (6,160 Views)

Hi Moidiaro,

It's a good thing that the circles aren't there anymore. Just to be sure, we can try to calibrate the touch screen display. This will determine if the issue is still in your computer or not. Hope everything works out.

If my post answers your question, please mark it as "Accept as Solution"

bit.ly/LapMagWin

Enthusiast
Message 14 of 26 (6,158 Views)

Thanks Mark but I'm loathe to do anything to it while its working properly i.e. "if it aint broke, don't fix it".

Expert
Message 15 of 26 (6,155 Views)

Hey there Moidiaro!

Its nice to hear the the issue with the screen is gone. If ever you encounter those again, you may try doing the step that MarkPa mentioned above.

Hit back if you encounter those again.

-Tim

bit.ly/LapMagWin

Enthusiast
Message 16 of 26 (6,151 Views)

Thanks Tim & Mark, nice to know there's someone here if I get any more problems. Fingers crossed its still ok but I'll save this site in case it happens again.

Rookie
Message 17 of 26 (6,064 Views)

I sometimes have these annoying circles and crazy as it may be, my problem seems to be from some dirt or something on the touch screen.

What works for me is to turn off the computer or put it to sleep and then clean the screen with a glass cleaner and a sort cloth. Try it, don't cost nothin'.

Enthusiast
Message 18 of 26 (6,028 Views)

This issue started about a month ago. I have tried all solutions and none of them have worked for me except disableling the touch screen. 

At first it started when I would wake up the screen it would not respond to touches for and it would fix it self withing a minute. It only got worse after a week or so. One day it just stoped responding, a touch circle would appear in the center of the screen and the touch coursor stuck in it. I tried rebooting and still did not work eventually after 10 minutes it worked again.

After a while I did notice that the issue woud start when I touched the bazel to adjust the screen, sometimes just the lightes toch would do. Eventually I noticed that if i ligthly twisted the bazel, more circles would appear (about 4) but after abit it fixe itself sometimes for a good couple of hours.

One day need to use the laptop and the issue persisted. I decided to grab a small suction cup and placed it where the touch creen was acting up. I pressed on it and pulled on the screen for a bit a, for and it worked. 

Eventually I did this on the corners of the screen and center. For a week now the screen has been working perfectly. 

This seems to be hardware related. If you want to try this please be careful not break your screen just pull on gently. 

Good luck.

Enthusiast
Message 19 of 26 (5,124 Views)

[ Edited ]

I have had the same problem with my VAIO model SVT151A11L from Best Buy.

My problem first appeared when i upgraded to win 8.1. The circles made my laptop basically unusable so I restored it back to Win 8.0 and all was fine. After research, I figured I should have upgraded as Sony recommended so I tried it that way (upgraded all the Sony software first) - SAME PROBLEM so I had to restore back to win 8.0 again and all was fine.

Finally  I decided to try again -  SAME PROBLEM so I had to restore back to win 8.0 again.

Now just a week or so ago the circles appeared again on windows 8.0. I restored the laptop back to before the last update patches that Windows sent out (was on automatic updates) and the problem is again fixed.

What gives here, will I not be able to update the laptop at all any more?

Now I have NOT done the calibration of the touchscreen yet so i will do that tonight and will try that should it ever appear again but the point is there is something that is not right here.

I have a video at http://youtu.be/3cdohmSoL98

UPDATE

The cicles came back so i had to remove more updates that Microsoft installed. I DID however test out the screen calibration solution that was mentioned elsewhere with NO LUCK. Nothing worked but unstalling the upgrades.

Enthusiast
Message 20 of 26 (4,949 Views)

They're back!! I know what does it now though. I sneezed rubbed the specks off the screen and immediately three circles appeared and I can't get rid of them. I've tried all the fixes as before so I'm just hoping that they will go away on their own like last time.

Get Social

Share your ideas Watch YouTube Support Videos follow us on Twitter Visit us on Facebook