Language: English / Spanish
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

welcome to Sony's community site

Get involved! Whether you are here to ask or give help - we are happy you stopped by and look forward to seeing you in the future! Please watch our Welcome Video to get started.

VAIO - Software & Other Operating Systems

Groovin'
sharidas
Accepted Solution

VAIOShell has stopped working

Hi there, my laptop VPCSE17GG says my VAIOShell has stopped working when starting VAIO Care. Help

Please use plain text.
Top 40 Artist
TonyM

Re: VAIOShell has stopped working

[ Edited ]

Hello Serena,

When did this issue first start?

Have you made any changes to shipped operating system?

Try installing VAIO Care updates:

http://www.sony-asia.com/support/download/469334/product/vpcse17gg

http://www.sony-asia.com/support/download/494569/product/vpcse17gg

http://www.sony-asia.com/support/download/525625/product/vpcse17gg

If the issue persists, perform system restore to earlier date:

https://us.en.kb.sony.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/31528/c/65%2C66/kw/31528

System restore will restore registry and other settings back to the date and time selected. Saved data, documents and e-mail will not be affected; software that has been installed after the date of restore point will need to be reinstalled.

If my post answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution."

Please use plain text.
Tuning Up
anthal

Hi TonyM,

I've had this same error for couple of months already on model VPCEB1M1E/WI with Windows 7 64bit. None of the solutions I have found from Sony website or support pages seem to work. Already tried to uninstall/reinstall VAIO Care, download the software again and uninstall/reinstall .NET Framework in every possible order but nothing seem to work. The clean recovery/factory reset/system restore shouldn't be the answer to this since all of them have been done less than a month ago. I changed to Windows 8 couple of months ago but then reinstalled Windows 7 back since some programs were still unavailable. After reinstallation I didn't notice any problems with VAIO software (including Care) and everything were running smoothly. This error occurred after I updated VAIO Care to version 8.1.0.10120 by pressing the update popup via the program.

Can you give me any new advices on this matter? Or perhaps you could pass it forward to Support crew to take closer look what is going on.

Regards,

Antti

Please use plain text.
Groovin'
sharidas

Hi there, thank you for your reply but unfortunately, it didn't work.  What essential does Vaio Care do? Can I deinstall and just leave it as that?

Kind Regards

Serena

Please use plain text.
Emerging Star
rascalz

I am having a similar problem on my VPCSE290X ever since I installed Vaio Care 8.  

I thought about un and reinstalling all the Vaio Care versions but that's a pain and I doubt it will fix it especially after reading your attempts were futile.

PLEASE SONY inspect Vaio Care 8 as I think there is something wrong with it!

Regards.
Please use plain text.
Tuning Up
vher

Hi,

i had the same problem with my VPCSB38GH after updating to Vaio Care 8. i discovered an easy fix, just uninstall your Vaio Care and Vaio Update. after, reinstall starting with your original version of vaio care, then follow one of these scenarios for updates, 

Please take note of the following upgrade scenarios to successfully install the patch:

1.VAIO Care 7.x -> VAIO Care 7.3.0 -> VAIO Update 5.7.1 -> VAIO Care 7.3.1 -> VAIO Care 8.1
2.VAIO Care 7.x -> VAIO Care 7.3.0 -> VAIO Update 5.7.1 -> VAIO Care 8.1
3.VAIO Care 7.x -> VAIO Care 7.3.0 -> VAIO Update 6.1.x -> VAIO Care 8.1
4.VAIO Care 8.0 (Windows 8 Upgrade) -> VAIO Care 8.1

it worked for me. 

Please use plain text.
Groovin'
m_ezra10

Do i have to isntal the update one by one or i just intall the latest (version 8.x.x)
Please use plain text.
Tuning Up
poestar11

I also had the same problem with my vaio z third gen.I contact sony at the time my laptop has been out of warranty.so they ask me 100 dollar. act like it is my fault .I explain the problem start when i click the vaio care that a message appear  new version available so i update and restart the computer but still  vaio care update msg always appear. so i uninstall vaio care and reinstall but an error msg appear while installing vaio 7.3  that this version is not intended for my laptop .

Please use plain text.
Groovin'
Marioo

Opsssss.........I have not found any of theses softwares avaiable at all..................what to do!!!!   skipe mariio_sp23

Please use plain text.
Groovin'
Marioo

Welll I have had this problem even after reinstalling vaio-care latest version,  diagnostic is not working at all then I think if I should remove vaio-care again ant stay with the firts version.....or install another  pc utilities......I do not know what todo  so far...........skipe :: mario_sp23

Please use plain text.