Welcome to the Community!

VAIO - Software & Other Operating Systems

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted
Rookie
Message 1 of 2 (1,002 Views)

VPCEG3WFX laptop runs slowly, Sony's lack of support for new drivers the problem?

Hi,

My Sony made VAIO VPCEG3WFX laptop runs slowly;  windows task manager shows 50% CPU Usage, 2.5 GB RAM usage when nothing but the O/S is running.  I have 4 MB RAM, have formatted the HD and reinstalled just Win 7 Home (no VAIO utilities) to assure nothing is running in the background.

Geek Squad tech support says because Sony doesn't offer driver updates (they're no longer making PCs), I have no solution but to buy a new PC

Has anyone experienced this problem?  What was the repair for this?

I don't want to give up on this laptop, it's only 3 yrs old.

thanks,

Ron

Message 2 of 2 (954 Views)

Re: VPCEG3WFX laptop runs slowly, Sony's lack of support for new drivers the problem?

Hi rwilliger

Welcome to Sony Community! 

How did you reinstall Windows Win 7 Home? Did you use the recovery disc for the unit? It is necessary to install the drivers and software (Vaio Care and other software utilities) for your laptop after reinstalling the OS. Every hardware needs a driver/software to run properly. 

Drivers and software (updates) can be downloaded here: https://esupport.sony.com/US/p/model-home.pl?mdl=VPCEG3WFX&template_id=1&region_id=1&tab=download#/d....  You may also run Vaio Update and Windows Update (Make sure to install Vaio Care first). 

Regards,

Vincent 

Answered your question? Glad I could help! Please Click the "Accept as Solution" button below

Get Social

Share your ideas Watch YouTube Support Videos follow us on Twitter Visit us on Facebook