Welcome to the Community!

VAIO - Software & Other Operating Systems

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Rookie
Message 31 of 34 (2,670 Views)

Re: Vaio Care agent (vcagent.exe) memory consumption

I stumbled across this forum by accident.  Thankfully I didn't actually need any assistance as it is clearly not provided by Sony.  What absolutely appalling customer service.  Will I buy a Sony product? Not if I ever need after sales service.

Enthusiast
Message 32 of 34 (1,918 Views)

Hi VincentM,

I agree with others - your advice is no solution. It is cheap and clean for Sony, but users have to suffer. I don't see this happening with other laptops - well they don't run Vaio care... So do you really need that piece of bad SW in your PC. You can't even name any applications that could cause the problem.

The VCA agent seems to get into corruption once in a while. Sony should make that piece of SW more robust.

This kind of behaviour is not normal for other Windows SW. This corruption has happened to me under Windows 7 and Windows 10 after upgrade.

I am considering to uninstall Vaio care completely. Are there any functional side effects for the PC? I don't mean updates nor Vaio care information not available etc.

No malware, 1 registry issue and only 1035 junk files according to Bitdefender. And VCAgent eats up to 700-800MB of RAM, not good.

Vaio care 8.4.4.09181.

BR

Jari

Enthusiast
Message 33 of 34 (538 Views)

After years as a loyal Sony customer, I am sad and frustrated to read the low quality of support provided in this thread. None of the official replies properly engage with this annoying problem (that has cost me for several replacement fans), explain what's behind the problem, give workarounds, say whether it will be fixed as better integration happens with Windows 10, indicate whether future Sony machines will have this issue or indeed show any kind of sympathy for we customers. It's just total stonewalling. Perhaps the support staff are just AIs anyway, in this day and age? I can't really see myself buying another Sony, despite the great hardware quality. You've really let yourselves down here.

Highlighted
Message 34 of 34 (507 Views)

Hi, Anselan,  

Thank you for visiting Sony Community! 

For further assistance regarding your concern, please contact the Sony offices/Sony representative offices nearest to your place of residence in Asia Pacific region http://www.sony-asia.com/countryselector.html?hpid=countryselector:AsiaPacific. Due to proximity, they are in a better position to respond to your questions or concerns.

Regards,

Vincent 

If my post answers your question, please mark it as "Accept as Solution"

Get Social

Share your ideas Watch YouTube Support Videos follow us on Twitter Visit us on Facebook