Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Rookie
Message 1 of 34 (67,879 Views)
Accepted Solution

Vaio Care agent (vcagent.exe) memory consumption

Hi,

I have a new Vaio Duo 13 (SVD1322xxx) running with all of the latest updates (Windows 8.1 & all updated Sony SW). I recently noticed some applications were running slowly so I took a look at Task Manager and I noticed that vcagent.exe (which I assume if the Vaio Care agent) was consuming over 1GB of memory. I disabled the VCService.exe service and stopped the vcagent.exe process and my system was back to running well. Why does Vaio Care consume so much memory?

John

Message 2 of 34 (67,852 Views)

Re: Vaio Care agent (vcagent.exe) memory consumption

johnmcd wrote:

Why does Vaio Care consume so much memory?

Hi John,

What version of VAIO Care are you running?

Rookie
Message 3 of 34 (67,643 Views)

I am experiencing the same issues.  after about 10-60 minutes vcagent completely consumes my hard disk read/write function and crowds out all other computer activity.  

I am runnig a sony VAIO with windows home premium service pack 1, 4 GB ram.

Rookie
Message 4 of 34 (61,943 Views)

Help I've had the same problem for ages. It's driving me nuts. Using Vaio care version 8.4.2.12046

Literally have to end the task. How can this be fixed? Vaio care should not consume all the disk memory.

Rookie
Message 5 of 34 (56,724 Views)

I am having the same issue.  Uses a TON of memory and everything runs S L O W.  I have the latest version, from July 2015, Running Win 8.1 64 bit.

Message 6 of 34 (56,486 Views)

Hi prettylilmoon

There are possible reasons why you are experience this issue. It could be a third-party application is in conflict with VCAgent, corrupted registry, corrupted Vaio Care application, etc. Kindly follow these steps to isolate your issue: 

• Run Full System Scan using your (up-to-date) Antivirus. 
  • Uninstall suspicious or third-party application. 
  • Run Vaio update and Windows update
  • Reinstall Vaio Care on eSupport website. 

Hope these help. 

Thanks,

Vincent 

If my post answers your question, please mark it as "Accept as Solution"

kft Rookie
Rookie
Message 7 of 34 (47,492 Views)

Hi VencentM

this is an answer, but IMO the worst one.

you tell the OP and all people that have this problem to reinstall and do stuff. Why not reinstall all windows, to be really sure? Then perhaps the problem disappears.

If all those items are done, and it is not better, what was isolated then?

It would be very helpful if there is a source of information what VCAgent is doing! E.g. log files.

I cannot see, why this program is running at all.

Uninstall of Viao care seems to a reliable a solution.

Frank

Enthusiast
Message 8 of 34 (40,912 Views)

VCAgent.exe is considered EXTREME MALWARE by most companies, even though VAIO insists on installing it on computers.  Even removing it physically from your system will not stop it, since it simply reinstalls itself back onto the computer, often IN A DIFFERENT HIDDEN LOCATION.  It can't be turned off in any of the submenues, even though Sony says it can be - it can't, and trying to do so with the method provided by Sony only ends up putting multiple copies of VCAgent.exe onto the computer as it tries to BYPASS the off-switch.

The only thing that keeps it from being listed as a Trojan (even though it has nearly all the features of one) is that it doesn't spread to other computers and is forcefully supported by Sony.

How to Fix:  Buy a different computer or reformat your current one and install a different system to run Win10.

The Alternative is to determine which VIAO program is installing it on your system, make sure that it isn't critical to your computer's continued operation - and remove that entire program branch from your system permenantly.

But even this won't work if your VIAO UPDATER is still functional...

Believe me, I've been trying to shut off or remove VCAgent.exe from my system since I bought this computer. All I've gotten from it was an intense wish that I'd bought a different brand and a wicked desire to smash this computer into so many little pieces.

Who the heck puts a subroutine program on a computer to do whatever it wants, and then gives it a priority CPU/memory usage instruction so that as soon as the computer boots up, it ends up running at 95 - 100% BEFORE YOU'VE EVEN DONE ANYTHING!

I'm sorry, but your suggested solution is anything but helpful, since it isn't a third-party program that causes the problem, but Sony's VCAgent.exe programming.

Enthusiast
Message 9 of 34 (40,905 Views)

BTW, Microsoft lists VCAgent.exe as a Trojandownloader program.

Rookie
Message 10 of 34 (28,896 Views)

VC Agent and VC system tray

A Windows 7 Sony laptop system. Won't go to 10.

VC Agent and VC system tray use up to 25-35% of CPU, either briefly or for many minutes. Slows computer processes for what i'm doing - or trying to do.

What exactly do these things do?

i've stopped both in both Services and Task manager. They keep coming back whenever i hibernate or reboot, even tho I've got VC Service set to manual.

I've seen notes here where an unstall is incomplete.

What is the real benefit of these programs - if any?

Get Social

Share your ideas Watch YouTube Support Videos follow us on Twitter Visit us on Facebook