Welcome to the Community!

VAIO - Software & Other Operating Systems

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Rookie
Message 11 of 34 (11,888 Views)

Re: Vaio Care agent (vcagent.exe) memory consumption

This crazy VCAgent always makes it to the top 4 CPU and Memory consumption and keeps growing to fight for the top.

It did that when I was running Windows 8

It did the same when I was running Windows 8.1

And it is still doing it after I upgrade to Windows 10 FRESH installed (new partition, keep nothing)! I don't see anything else can have conflict with it.

Please give us a true method to remove that (or simply remove this trojan from your software) until I remove all Sony software from my laptop.

Rookie
Message 12 of 34 (11,677 Views)

Re: VC Agent and VC system tray

There is another thread about this junk trojan ware push down our throat from Sony, however, seems there is no way to get rid of this.

Rookie
Message 13 of 34 (11,712 Views)

At my Sony Vaio under Win8.1, occasionally VCagent.exe is running, taking lots of CPU and memory, e.g. right now, for the last 15 minutes. In the TaskManager, I see VCagent as top 1 or 2 process. Fortunately, it is possible to delete that task in the TaskManager. At least this is a fast remedy that seems to work, however it will not prevent VCagent to come up again tomorrow or at any othe occasion.
As a fast remedy, it seems possible to to delete the process VCagent.exe in the Task manager
Enthusiast
Message 14 of 34 (11,449 Views)

Re: Vaio Care (VCAgent) consuming CPU and Memory

Hi everyone!!

I have the same problem here with my VAIO Notebook (SVE1511F1EW). After upgrading my laptop from W7 to W10 I noticed the computer slower than before. I checked the processes launching Task manager and I noticed that the VCAgent.exe process is consuming between 25 to 50% of my CPU memory.

I am running VAIO Care 8.4.3.07161.

I would like to know what solution did you find to sort out this issue??

If I just "end task" the process frm the task manager will it work out??

Thank you very much for your help

Enthusiast
Message 15 of 34 (11,665 Views)

Hi everyone!!

I have the same problem here with my VAIO Notebook (SVE1511F1EW). After upgrading my laptop from W7 to W10 I noticed the computer slower than before. I checked the processes launching Task manager and I noticed that the VCAgent.exe process is consuming between 25 to 50% of my CPU memory.

I am running VAIO Care 8.4.3.07161.

I would like to know what solution did you find to sort out this issue??

If I just "end task" the process frm the task manager will it work out??

Thank you very much for your help

Message 16 of 34 (11,588 Views)

Hi jstramler,

Welcome to Sony Community!

The VC Agent and VC System Tray are part of Vaio Care application, disabling, uninstalling or stopping it will cause some issues on the system. Kindly run Vaio update and Windows update from Sony website and make sure to select the current operating system of your laptop.

Regards,

Jen

If my post answers your question, please mark it as "Accept as Solution"

Rookie
Message 17 of 34 (11,575 Views)

Dear Sony agent, you still failed to explain the purpose of VCagent, and just saying "deleting it will cause some issues" is not an answer. Please explain: What issues would it cause? And on the other hand: What is the benfit, if any, of running Vaio Care on my Sony Vaio laptop?

Your answer was NOT the solution - on the contrary.

Thanks

Rookie
Message 18 of 34 (11,550 Views)

Dear Sony!

Thank you very much for your VCAgent support, which helps us to never live Do not take your stinking SONY product.
I would like to define my money I bought a product that we can run on my machine.
Please specify whether you can delete this ****** !!!

Enthusiast
Message 19 of 34 (11,538 Views)

Hi JenF,

I am running VAIO Update version 7.1.0.08060. It didn´t find any software avaible at this moment. I have just found "The initial compatibility testin results" for window 10, which are ok for my laptop and information about an app for Android devices.

Also when I´m trying to update VAIO care come up a window saying "unable to check for updates. Please try again at a later time". I have tried this updating Vaio care several times in different days and comes up the same message.

Also I have checked the Sony support website for my laptop 

http://www.sony.co.uk/support/en/product/SVE1511F1E and there are no drivers and software available for W10.

What I really think is that Sony havent´done the homework yet and its VAIO software doesn´t run very well with W10. I don´t see the point of unisntall VAio Care (as suggested before) and intall again the version for W7or W8 or 8.1

Thak you anyway

Message 20 of 34 (11,331 Views)

Hi Rubens79,

Welcome to Sony Community!

Limitations are still observed on devices that are compatible with Windows 10 operating system. How much more those units that are not compatible. 

We kindly recommend visiting our Sony Global Web site for information on contacting the Sony Support Center in your region at http://www.sony.net/SonyInfo/Support/.

Regards,

Jen

If my post answers your question, please mark it as "Accept as Solution"

Get Social

Share your ideas Watch YouTube Support Videos follow us on Twitter Visit us on Facebook