Language: English / Spanish
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

welcome to Sony's community site

Get involved! Whether you are here to ask or give help - we are happy you stopped by and look forward to seeing you in the future! Please watch our Welcome Video to get started.

VAIO - Software & Other Operating Systems

Groovin'
knuckles
Accepted Solution

Vaio Fit 14 wifi problem

Hi . . . I am considering to buy a Vaio Fit 14E for my daughter, however, in light of the extensive reports on the slow/intermittent wifi, I am relunctant to do so until I can confirm that the issue is fixed.  On one of the thread conversations, it was shared (not by Sony) that new units bought directly from Sony have had their wifi antennas reworked which has solved the problem.  Can you confirm or deny this please?  Thank you very much.

Please use plain text.
Top 40 Artist
AmandaM

Re: Vaio Fit 14 wifi problem

Good afternoon knuckles, Our new VAIO's are great products! If you'd  like a member of our sales team to reach out to you, we'd be happy to collect your contact information (phone number, email address, etc.) and have someone touch base with you ASAP. You can send this to me in a private message. Thanks!

Please use plain text.
Groovin'
knuckles

Thank you for the reply, however, you didn't answer my question.  I have decided on the Fit 14E provided that the wifi problem has been 100% addressed for units ordered from Sony.  Would you please let me know if this problem is fixed?  Thank you.

Please use plain text.
RyanC

[ Edited ]

Hello knuckles,

To answer your question directly, some customers still experience wifi issues with their VAIO Fit.  However not all units are affected by this issue; only a small percentage are affected.  For those customers that still have signal issues, we are offering a wifi dongle in the interim until a permanent solution is available for those users.

This issue is discussed in great length in this forum thread.

Please use plain text.
Groovin'
dnmcquaid

I can answer your question, I just bought one 10 days ago and the problem IS NOT FIXED!!!  And no one seems to want to actually help me.  They keep having me reinstall drivers and the problem remains.  I've over it and returning the laptop and will just live with losing the $100 restocking fee and won't buy another Sony product.

Please use plain text.