Language: English / Spanish
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

welcome to Sony's community site

Get involved! Whether you are here to ask or give help - we are happy you stopped by and look forward to seeing you in the future! Please watch our Welcome Video to get started.

VAIO - Software & Other Operating Systems

Groovin'
dlaibn

Vaio Improvement Update, Verison 1.0.0.04020

How do I get the Vaio Improvement Update, Verison 1.0.0.04020 to take affect?  After I install it and restart the computer, Vaio Update continues to report that it needs to be installed.  No errors are reported during the installation process.

Please use plain text.
Groovin'
USER-911214

Re: Vaio Improvement Update, Verison 1.0.0.04020

Thx.

Please use plain text.
NickT

Hi USER-911214 and Dlaibn,

I'm sorry that both of you are having this is.  Sony is aware of this issue and working on it as we speak.  Please refer to Re: VAIO care troubleshooter won't install from previously post on this forum for status and updates from Sony Eng. 

Nick- 

Please use plain text.
Groovin'
PamL

[ Edited ]

I'm trying to setup my new Sony Vaio all in one, and this update has been installing for almost 3 hours. Is that normal? And can I trust that this is now an update that I should be installing? (Didn't start checking into it until after 2 hours had gone by.) It's described in VAIO Update as VAIO Improvement Update Version 1.0.0.0420. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Update:  This installation has now been running for over 16 hours. Is this normal? If not, can I control-alt-delete out of this safely, and get on with my life?? Any help would be greatly appreciated. If I don't get this solved by the end of the workday today (Thursday, Mountain Daylight Time), I will be packing up the computer and taking it back to the shop while I still can. A great disappointment, as I really have enjoyed my previous Sony All-in-One, and wanted to stick with the Sony brand. 

Model: Sony syL24125CDB

Sorry - I'm not a technie. I don't know what other information would be helpful to add here re: computer specs.

Please use plain text.