Language: English / Spanish
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

welcome to Sony's community site

Get involved! Whether you are here to ask or give help - we are happy you stopped by and look forward to seeing you in the future! Please watch our Welcome Video to get started.

VAIO - Software & Other Operating Systems

Vaio Improvement Update, Verison

How do I get the Vaio Improvement Update, Verison to take affect?  After I install it and restart the computer, Vaio Update continues to report that it needs to be installed.  No errors are reported during the installation process.

Re: Vaio Improvement Update, Verison

Hi USER-911214 and Dlaibn,

I'm sorry that both of you are having this is.  Sony is aware of this issue and working on it as we speak.  Please refer to Re: VAIO care troubleshooter won't install from previously post on this forum for status and updates from Sony Eng. 

[ Edited ]

I'm trying to setup my new Sony Vaio all in one, and this update has been installing for almost 3 hours. Is that normal? And can I trust that this is now an update that I should be installing? (Didn't start checking into it until after 2 hours had gone by.) It's described in VAIO Update as VAIO Improvement Update Version Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Update:  This installation has now been running for over 16 hours. Is this normal? If not, can I control-alt-delete out of this safely, and get on with my life?? Any help would be greatly appreciated. If I don't get this solved by the end of the workday today (Thursday, Mountain Daylight Time), I will be packing up the computer and taking it back to the shop while I still can. A great disappointment, as I really have enjoyed my previous Sony All-in-One, and wanted to stick with the Sony brand. 

Model: Sony syL24125CDB

Sorry - I'm not a technie. I don't know what other information would be helpful to add here re: computer specs.