Language: English / Spanish

welcome to Sony's community site

Get involved! Whether you are here to ask or give help - we are happy you stopped by and look forward to seeing you in the future! Please watch our Welcome Video to get started.

VAIO - Software & Other Operating Systems

New Contributor
USER-964989

Vaio health check ?

Just got done with 3+ hours and 2 sesions with Omnitech support $149 to OPTIMIZE and TUNE my computer.
I ran the Vaio check prior to and after the OPTIMIZATION and have the same required optimizations undone! 17 important configs and protocols and they run cc cleaner which I can do myself! and the 10-15 minute lags between responses makes it take forever!
I was asked to re check the Vaio results by them afterward and when it was no change he said its never going to unless you restore entire comp! and the vaio health check is good 1 time and after just repeats results !
See below for the explanations

7:45 PM Connecting...
7:45 PM Connected. A support representative will be with you shortly.
7:45 PM Support session established with Sony Support- Tech 22.

7:45 PM keith: hi

7:45 PM Sony Support- Tech 22 restarting application as Windows system service
7:45 PM Connection closed. Attempting reconnection...
7:45 PM Connecting...
7:45 PM Connected. A support representative will be with you shortly.
7:46 PM Support session established with Sony Support- Tech 22.

7:46 PM Sony Support- Tech 22: Hi Keith.
7:46 PM keith: hi
7:46 PM Sony Support- Tech 22: I am Dustin.
7:46 PM Sony Support- Tech 22: Let me resolve all the issues in the computer.

7:46 PM You have granted full permission to Sony Support- Tech 22. To revoke, click the red X on the toolbar or press Pause/Break on the keyboard.
7:46 PM Remote Control started by Sony Support- Tech 22.

7:47 PM keith: 17 optimizations are still undone after just having been tuned then optimized!? browser not config to open in new tab
firefox cache needs cleared and internet explorers
protocol not optimized
indexing needs disabled
task polling not optimized
hard drive transfer protocol not optimized
domain server cache not optimized
internet config not optimized
7:47 PM keith: disk perf monitor not optimized
auto search for printers needs disabled
indexing needs disabled
simultaneous downloads needs optimized
cd rom not set to autoplay
recycle bin not emptied
and more! this is exactly the same as before alleged optimazationand tune for over 1 hr 5 mins ago!

7:48 PM Sony Support- Tech 22 would like to send you the file 'ccsetup308.exe'. Select a destination for the file and click Save to accept, or click Cancel to deny.
7:48 PM Receiving 'ccsetup308.exe'.
7:48 PM File transfer complete. (Size: 3216552 bytes, MD5 fingerprint: 82F2E5319269F65ECE59EFEAD05FA3BC)

7:56 PM keith: whatr happened
7:57 PM keith: are you there
7:58 PM Sony Support- Tech 22: Yes, I am online with you.

8:23 PM Logon password has been set for unattended reboot.
8:23 PM Sony Support- Tech 22 is rebooting your computer...
8:25 PM Connecting...
8:25 PM Connected. A support representative will be with you shortly.
8:26 PM Support session established with Sony Support- Tech 22.
8:26 PM Remote Control started by Sony Support- Tech 22.

8:28 PM Sony Support- Tech 22: Are you still with me>
8:29 PM keith: yes
8:29 PM Sony Support- Tech 22: Thank you, Keith.
8:34 PM Sony Support- Tech 22: The Computer is performing at an optimal level of performance.
8:35 PM Sony Support- Tech 22: Please check now.
8:36 PM keith: ???
8:40 PM keith: WHY
8:42 PM Sony Support- Tech 22: Keith, the application that you are running will show the same results which was shown for the first time.
8:43 PM keith: it never changes
8:43 PM Sony Support- Tech 22: Even if the performance of the Computer is changed, all the required or mentioned changes are made.
8:43 PM keith: ?
8:43 PM Sony Support- Tech 22: The application will get the information from the stored keys, which I have opened for your reference.
8:44 PM keith: so the app is bogus
8:44 PM Sony Support- Tech 22: The app is not bogus, the app can be used for one time diagonsis of the Computer.
8:45 PM keith: I find that strange
8:45 PM keith: so we arase and?same
8:45 PM keith: erase
8:46 PM Sony Support- Tech 22: We need to perform Recovery then, the values will change. Keith.
8:46 PM keith: recovery erases all doesnt it?
8:46 PM Sony Support- Tech 22: I have showed only a part of the keys. Most of the keys are intergrated with the Operating system files.
8:47 PM Sony Support- Tech 22: So the only option to remove all the keys is to perform recovery. And it is not required as if now.
8:47 PM Sony Support- Tech 22: You have noticed a great change in the Computer's performance after the Optimization for
Please use plain text.
Groovin'
electronicsguy

Re: Vaio health check ?

haha...nice. Seriously, its much better to learn and do these things ourselves rather than waste time and money with these overpaid incompetant designers. Its not their fault though. the real fault is with Sony's top managers who choose to run their company like a 1980s monopoly even after being in the red for the last 2 years!
Please use plain text.