Language: English / Spanish
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

welcome to Sony's community site

Get involved! Whether you are here to ask or give help - we are happy you stopped by and look forward to seeing you in the future! Please watch our Welcome Video to get started.

VAIO - Software & Other Operating Systems

Groovin'
legman
Accepted Solution

Visual C# Command Line Compiler

Greetings,

About 14 days ago I received an error message on start up "Visual C# Command Line Compiler has stopped working. A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available." I click "close" and after a few more screens (same message) the laptop is now up and running.

I have researched this for two weeks posting on three sites including two Microsoft sites. No one has an answer. However, when I sought tech support from Microsoft I was referred back to Sony because of OEM license. So, I find myself in this forum.

I have found from my research there is a file associated with this--csc.exe. I do not know if it is the cause or not. Based on research this is a component in C++ and associated with .NET. When I shut down I receive another error "The applciation failed to initialize properly (0xc0000142). Click on OK to terminate the application."

I have tried using sfc but only get to 96% and received the message "Windows Resource Protection found integrity violations." BTW, I am running sfc from an elevated cmd prompt. I have also ran verify and viewed the logs. I am attaching the sfc details because the log is too large, but neither the log for the scan or from verify have any items close to what I am experiencing.

I have Norton 360 with updated virus subscriptions, and have also ran CCleaner and SpyBot (I do this each month).

I do not know what to do. I am not a programmer and most Visual C# sites are for programmers and I have been told unless my post is specific in writing or debugging code, I need to seek help from someone else.

I have also done clean boots, adding services, then startups. I cannot find the offending program or service. I am at a loss. I need help. Any thoughts or suggestions are appreciated.

Thank you
Please use plain text.
Top 40 Artist
KimberlyS

Re: Visual C# Command Line Compiler

Hello Legman,
thank you for your post,
It is quite possible you could be experiencing a Hardware problem if you've performed a C drive recovery and still experience the error.
Try running the Hardware Diagnostics Software from the Hidden partition.

to access the hidden partition from a cold boot.
Spam [F10] a few times at the VAIO logo
press enter at "edit boot options"
once recovery tools launch select hardware diagnostics.

If the hard drive test fails contact service for replacement.
www.sonyrepairservices.com
Please use plain text.