Language: English / Spanish
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

welcome to Sony's community site

Get involved! Whether you are here to ask or give help - we are happy you stopped by and look forward to seeing you in the future! Please watch our Welcome Video to get started.

VAIO - Software & Other Operating Systems

Groovin'
Accepted Solution

Visual C# Command Line Compiler

Greetings,

About 14 days ago I received an error message on start up "Visual C# Command Line Compiler has stopped working. A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available." I click "close" and after a few more screens (same message) the laptop is now up and running.

I have researched this for two weeks posting on three sites including two Microsoft sites. No one has an answer. However, when I sought tech support from Microsoft I was referred back to Sony because of OEM license. So, I find myself in this forum.

I have found from my research there is a file associated with this--csc.exe. I do not know if it is the cause or not. Based on research this is a component in C++ and associated with .NET. When I shut down I receive another error "The applciation failed to initialize properly (0xc0000142). Click on OK to terminate the application."

I have tried using sfc but only get to 96% and received the message "Windows Resource Protection found integrity violations." BTW, I am running sfc from an elevated cmd prompt. I have also ran verify and viewed the logs. I am attaching the sfc details because the log is too large, but neither the log for the scan or from verify have any items close to what I am experiencing.

I have Norton 360 with updated virus subscriptions, and have also ran CCleaner and SpyBot (I do this each month).

I do not know what to do. I am not a programmer and most Visual C# sites are for programmers and I have been told unless my post is specific in writing or debugging code, I need to seek help from someone else.

I have also done clean boots, adding services, then startups. I cannot find the offending program or service. I am at a loss. I need help. Any thoughts or suggestions are appreciated.

Thank you
Top 40 Artist

Re: Visual C# Command Line Compiler

Hello Legman,
thank you for your post,
It is quite possible you could be experiencing a Hardware problem if you've performed a C drive recovery and still experience the error.
Try running the Hardware Diagnostics Software from the Hidden partition.

to access the hidden partition from a cold boot.
Spam [F10] a few times at the VAIO logo
press enter at "edit boot options"
once recovery tools launch select hardware diagnostics.

If the hard drive test fails contact service for replacement.
www.sonyrepairservices.com