Language: English / Spanish

welcome to Sony's community site

Get involved! Whether you are here to ask or give help - we are happy you stopped by and look forward to seeing you in the future! Please watch our Welcome Video to get started.

VAIO - Software & Other Operating Systems

Groovin'
weatherbird8
Accepted Solution

Why when I'm typing the cursor jumps and the words get in the previous sentence

When I'm typing an Email the cursor seems jump back to what I previously wrote. I have to stop and backspace to elimanate the words so i can continue typing. This annoying and time consuming. The words get mixed into the earlyer writings. Whats causing this?

Please use plain text.
Top 40 Artist
TonyM

Re: Why when I'm typing the cursor jumps and the words get in the previous sentence

[ Edited ]

Hello Charles,

Try the steps listed on the following link:

https://us.en.kb.sony.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/32225

If the issue persists, contact Sony service team:

http://esupport.sony.com/US/p/service.pl

If my post answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution."

Please use plain text.
Groovin'
ConnieFoggles

Re: Why when I'm typing the cursor jumps and the words get in the previous sentence

I have the same issue and did contact customer support. After a long time working on my laptop it seemed to work better, but today I have the same issue. I had to restart and it's better. Will I have to do this all the time? It's time consuming and frustrating.

My model number - SVE14A35CXH

Please use plain text.
RyanC

[ Edited ]

Hello ConnieFoggles,

This can be common if contact with the touchpad is accidentally made whilst typing.  One thing you can do is temporarily disable the touchpad by pressing FN+F1 and see if that helps.

Please use plain text.
Groovin'
ConnieFoggles

I tried that...numerous times. And I'm still having a problem with the cursor. It's as if I don't have control over it. Any other suggestions?

I'm totally frustrated with this.

Please use plain text.
RichO

@ Hi conniefoggles

I do understand the inconvenience about the issue on your cursor.  I just want to know if you have tried covering the touch pad with a piece of cardboard or paper while typing on the keyboard to see if in fact the touch pad is being touched while typing just to further isolate the issue..  

Please use plain text.