Welcome to the Community!

VAIO - Software & Other Operating Systems

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Expert
Message 1 of 23 (5,877 Views)

Windows 10 for Vaio Flip 15?

Will Sony be officially supporting Windows 10 for the Flip 15 or other models? The survey from MS says the Intel graphics card is not compatible with Windows 10, and I'm pretty sure that's because it uses Sony-specific drivers, not the ones direct from Intel. So will Sony be making updated graphics card drivers available once Windows 10 is released?

Message 2 of 23 (5,774 Views)

Re: Windows 10 for Vaio Flip 15?

Hi Ark42

Welcome to Sony Community.

We can't give you any definite answers as of yet, kindly check the eSupport web site for information which will be posted closer to the release date of the new OS.

Thank you.

Jen

If my post answers your question, please mark it as "Accept as Solution"

Enthusiast
Message 3 of 23 (5,551 Views)

Any updates on this?  Will we be able to take advantage of the July 29th update?  Thanks

Message 4 of 23 (5,472 Views)

Hi johnny9831,

Thank you considering Sony Community! 

It is possible to upgrade the Operating System and take advantage of Windows 10 on the 29th, but Sony recommends you WAIT to install Windows 10 on your VAIO® PC. Vaio computers are still being tested for the latest version of Windows and drivers are still being made. We do not have the complete details yet but it will be announced on Sony's support website. 

For more information regarding Windows 10 upgrade, kindly visit this link: Information regarding the Microsoft Windows 10 Free Upgrade Offer

Hope these help. 

Regards,

Vincent 

If my post answers your question, please mark it as "Accept as Solution"

Rookie
Message 5 of 23 (4,887 Views)

I took the plunge into Windows 10.  I have a Flip 13.  Windows 10 works fine.  I'm running into no problems at all.  One month ago, I tried the same but it crashed with no abandon.  But now it seems to be installing perfectly.  Keep in mind, there is an option to revert back to Windows 8.1 for one month if you run into problems.  So, despite official Sony comments...I think it will work.  Even the Windows button on the screen works now.

Expert
Message 6 of 23 (4,638 Views)

The upgrade finally prompted me to install it the other day on my SVF15N190X. Works just fine. I don't see any problems or any reason to wait for Sony on this now.

Enthusiast
Message 7 of 23 (4,530 Views)

Thanks so much for letting us know about your experience! Are you using the pen and/or touch screen? And, if so, do they still seem to work properly? 

(Based on this page, which doesn't even mention ol' SVF15N190X, I'm wondering if Sony is even going to provide official Windows 10 support for the Flip 15 anyway?) 

Thanks! 

Alan 

Expert
Message 8 of 23 (4,521 Views)

That page lists SVF15N1x which should cover this. Touch screen still works fine. I have the pen, but never used it after the first day. It was super laggy and I couldn't figure out why I'd want to use it, so it's probably burried in a box somewhere now.  I'd assume if the pen still worked after the 8.1 upgrade, it would still work with the 10 upgrade, but I can't say for sure.

I did notice that the audio still takes a 1/4 second to kick in after long periods of silence. It's always been like that though. Makes random new-mail alerts sound odd at times when you only hear the last half of the chime. Windows 10 didn't fix this, but it didn't make it any worse either, since it's been like that since 8.

I'm still surprised this i7-4500U with 16GB DDR3 and a GT735M/2GB can't play 1080p60 YouTube videos without stuttering to no end. Again, it couldn't with Windows 8.1 and still can't with Windows 10, so nothing got better or worse there. 1080p (at normal 30fps) and 720p60 videos play just fine though.

Enthusiast
Message 9 of 23 (4,513 Views)

Thanks for the quick response. That's interesting that you've found the pen laggy; I've always found it really responsive and fluid on the Flip 15. If you do happen to try it, I'd be interested to hear what you find. But your reports are encouraging, and I might just try the update myself. 

Enthusiast
Message 10 of 23 (4,329 Views)

I took the plunge as well.  Works perfect!  Love it.

Pen works fine.  I did notice I have an error with teh Intel SmartConnect...nit sure what the problem is.

Also, the touvh screen functionality seems to be gone in Firefox.

Aside from that...amazing!!  I have the Flip13.

Get Social

Share your ideas Watch YouTube Support Videos follow us on Twitter Visit us on Facebook