Welcome to the Community!

VAIO - Software & Other Operating Systems

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Rookie
Message 11 of 23 (2,280 Views)

Re: Windows 10 for Vaio Flip 15?

Emboldened by the posts of success on this forum, I also tok the plunge and allowed Windows to upgrade from 8.1 to 10 on my Sony Vaio Flip 15.  SUCCESS.  The only hitch was a need to uninstall and reinstall Kaspersky.

Other experience:

While Sony may be tardy in checking their hardware, the component manufacturers have stayed ahead of the power curve. This is the 2d of three computers I need to upgrade.  On the first computer, I needed to go to Device Manager and manually tell the video driver to search for and install the updated driver.  Initially, the driver defaulted to the generic. After updating, the video driver worked perfectly.

Enthusiast
Message 12 of 23 (2,274 Views)

I took the plunge too, and everything went very smoothly! All seems to be working fine on my Flip 15 since the upgrade, including the stylus and touchscreen. 

Message 13 of 23 (2,213 Views)

Hi APierson,

Welcome to Sony Community!

Congratulations, you did it!

We're glad to hear that everything went well on your laptop using the Windows 10 operating system. enjoy using and exploring.

Regards,

Jen

Message 14 of 23 (2,218 Views)

Hi drchuck59,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience about upgrading you laptop to Windows 10 operating system, I'm pretty sure this information will be very helpful to other customers.

Thank you,

Jen

Expert
Message 15 of 23 (2,212 Views)

My Flip 15 was hit by the reboot-loop from the recent Windows Update (which is really just 4-5 reboots to install and then uninstall piece by piece, it's not like you never get back to the desktop).

Deleting the entire HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\ProfileList\S-1-5-21-#-#-#-# key where ProfileImagePath mentioned UpdatusUser fixed that though, which I've found on several other sites. Nvidia graphics drivers create that account and may leave stale registry data behind that seems to be the culprit behind the failed Windows updates.

Rookie
Message 16 of 23 (2,066 Views)

I upgraded my Sony Flip15A to Windows10. Pen and Pressure work. Integraded and high-performance nVidia cards are both working.  Wireless is working. The only thing I have gound that is not working is Bluetooth.

The switching from Tablet to desktop modes is way better than windows 8.1.

Enthusiast
Message 17 of 23 (612 Views)

[ Edited ]

my Sony laptop model SVF15N190S has been having major issues with windows 10. I currently have windows 8.1 installed and microsoft keeps pushing for me to update to windows 10, every time i reboot or restart, i get the update and shutdown option, when i select it, it tries to update to windows 10. I always get stuck at either 9% or 32%. I never got pass 32%. Is my laptop compatible with windows 10? it should be. Why can't windows not let you know what is failling during the installation? can somebody help me. Step by step to get it to install or step by step to stop microsoft from forcing us to upgrade.

P.S. the touchscreen has never worked since day 1 i got this laptop. The touchscreen always only works for a few minutes or an hour and then it stops working, i either have to restart windows or use the touchscreen calibration tool to make it work again, annoying.

whats strange about all this is, when i check my computer it reads that i have windows 10 home, but everytime I try to upgrade to windows 10 last few month, it always got stuck at 32% and after rebooting it reverted the changes back to windows 8.1, yet my computer tells me that I have windows 10 installed and more updates fails to install on reboot, so weird.

Message 18 of 23 (590 Views)

Hi, Zomby

Welcome to Sony Community! 

Have you noticed any changes on the interface of the operating system? Windows 8/8.1 is quite different to Windows 10. See the image below: 

8and10.jpg

[Left: Windows 8 || Right: Windows 10   (image from laptopmag.com)]

Double check the current OS of your laptop. Follow these steps: 

+ R  -> type msinfo32 and hit Enter

I'm not quite sure if you're receiving the Windows 10 free upgrade or the Windows 10 anniversary upgrade notification. Free upgrade ended on July 29, 2016. 

The link here may be able to help us out with regard to Windows 10 upgrade notification: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/3080351/how-to-manage-windows-10-notification-and-upgrade-o...

Hope these help. 

Best regards,

Vincent 

If my post answers your question, please mark it as "Accept as Solution"

Enthusiast
Message 19 of 23 (515 Views)

[ Edited ]

Hello

I diffenately have version 10

2016-03-05: I have version 10586 (this new update fails at 32%: version 14393)

1. my laptop came with windows version 8

2. I upgraded to windows 8.1 successfully.

3. several months later when windows 10 was release as a free upgrade, i decided to wait until SONY had work on their drivers. A month before July, i decided to upgrade to windows 10, the first hour was successfull until the laptop rebooted and continue updating and simply stop at 32%, I let it sit all night and it was still at 32% (hard drive doing nothing). I had to reboot and windows reverted the changes back to windows 8.1

4. A few weeks after, I notice that my laptop was running windows 10 (I guess the installation work but only reverted some changes from windows 10, weird), I check the "my computer" and it does say I have windows 10 home edition. When I power off my machine, I have the option to shut down and update or update and restart. I select that since windows always have updates to finish installing. Its actually trying to finish installing features for my windows 10 version and again, after rebooting, its trying to complete the update and its stuck at 32%.

5. I clear the update notifications, I did a disc cleanup, I clear all the cache and temp folders. I ran the update from the windows start menu, it just keeps freezing at 32%.

6. Im at the point where I am like, what should I do to fix this? MS is about to release a new upgrade to windows 10 soon and I will most certainly have problems, if it can't even complete the full current windows 10 features and updates.

I dont want to stop windows from updating, I want windows 10, I have windows 10, but there is more updates from microsoft that keeps failling to installed. Why does it get stuck at 32% (is this a driver issue, policy issue, what, if only MS would display the message of what its trying to accomplished rather then just telling us the percentage). Overal if I dont run the windows updates, my computer runs great, but I rather it be up to date with everything.

Touch Screen (second issue): I read alot of bios/drivers updates from SONY that fixed the touch screen issue. I still get this issue, it works for several minutes and then it just suddenly stop, I can touch anywhere on the screen and nothing happens, I have to use the keyboard and mouse, run the calibration tool and or reboot the machine to get the touch screen to work again. Does the power mangement have anything to do with it, almost as if something goes to sleep mode that causes the touch screen to stop working?

Enthusiast
Message 20 of 23 (464 Views)

ill give this a try later on this week:

http://www.todo-backup.com/backup-resource/system-backup/windows-10-14393-update-tutorial.html

if anyone has a better solution, let me know.

Get Social

Share your ideas Watch YouTube Support Videos follow us on Twitter Visit us on Facebook