Language: English / Spanish
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

welcome to Sony's community site

Get involved! Whether you are here to ask or give help - we are happy you stopped by and look forward to seeing you in the future! Please watch our Welcome Video to get started.

VAIO - Software & Other Operating Systems

USER-985564

Windows 7 Service Pack 1 (sp 1)

Hi.
First of all, I'm new to this forum, so hope everything will go smooth.

I've heard Microsoft released SP 1 for windows 7.

I own Sony Vaio VPCEB-390X with windows 7 Pro.
Anyway, I've got the latest updates, but I CAN NOT see the optional SP 1...

I've tried to search for a solution but it seems I'm the only one who have all the updates and still cannot see the SP 1 option.

Hope someone know what to do.
Thanks,
Alon.
Please use plain text.
MatthewB

Re: Windows 7 Service Pack 1 (sp 1)

It should now be listed in Windows Update- open it by firstly clicking the Start button - in the search box, type Update, and then, in the list of results, you should then see Windows Update. If it's still not appearing you can download the whole service pack from Microsoft directly:

http://www.microsoft.com/oem/en/downloa ... 7_sp1.aspx
Please use plain text.
Groovin'
nickmc81

I am having the same exact problem with the same VPCEB-390X, but with Windows 7 Home Premium. SP1 does not show up as an available update from Windows Update. Please advise on what the solution was.
Please use plain text.
Top 40 Artist
TimSu

Hello nickmc81!

You may refer to this page regarding the update for Windows 7 sp1.

Hope this helps

~Tim

If my post answers your question, please mark it as "Accept as Solution"

Please use plain text.
Groovin'
nickmc81

I have been back to that page many times the past couple days. The one thing that isn't resolved is the intel graphics driver version. I have the ATI graphics card that came with the laptop originally, but there is a version of the intel graphics driver installed on my laptop that is in the bad range. Unfortunately, Device Manager does not show it (or I cannot find it) because the ATI driver shows up under Displays. I have tried the updated driver provided from the sony support page, sometimes it says it installs successfully, sometimes unsuccessful, but the imgdk64.sys always remains as the same version in the bad range. So the Updated driver download from the Sony support page isn't installing right.

Everything else appears to be acceptable on that windows support page.
Please use plain text.
Top 40 Artist
TimSu

Hello nickmc81! 

Kindly try going to "Device Manager", then click on "View" and then "Show Hidden Devices". Check if the other driver is listed there. If it is, then simply uninstall it and then reinstall the one from the Sony Website.

~Tim

If my post answers your question, please mark it as "Accept as Solution"

Please use plain text.
Groovin'
nickmc81

I have tried that per Microsoft KB355539 and do not see it.

But I did search the registry and found the Graphics Driver (Intel) 168359 ver 8.15.10.2119 in several spots.

What should I try next to remove or upgrade that?
Please use plain text.
MarkCr

Hi nickmc81!

Regarding your intel HD graphics driver. You can try using this link here and see if it will update. Please reply to this post should that update not work. Hope it helps!

-MarkC

Please use plain text.
Groovin'
nickmc81

That install link does not work. Please help me figure out why the Sony install does not work. The igdkmd64.sys remains at 8.15.10.2119 even after the prompt comes up that it is a successful install.
Please use plain text.
Top 40 Artist
TimSu

Hello nickmc81!

Can you check if there is any Intel Accelerator Graphics installed on your system, it should be listed in the device manager. Also try if it is listed in the Program and Features. Simply go to Start>Control Panel>Programs>Program and Features. Also can you check if you have a pre-release version of SP1 by right clicking on "My Computer" and then click on "Properties". If a pre release version of Windows SP1 is listed then you need to uninstall it before proceeding to install the final release.

~Tim

Please use plain text.