Language: English / Spanish
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

welcome to Sony's community site

Get involved! Whether you are here to ask or give help - we are happy you stopped by and look forward to seeing you in the future! Please watch our Welcome Video to get started.

VAIO - Software & Other Operating Systems

Tuning Up
Joey1989

Windows system32 config system missing or corrupt

Hello I contact Sony earlier regarding my computer saying windows system32 config system is missing or corrupt and windows cannot start. I was told to press F10 at startup to preform system recovery but it is not working. Do I need the windows set up disk? I do not have one.
Please use plain text.
RyanC

Re: Windows system32 config system missing or corrupt

[ Edited ]

If F10 is not working, that means the recovery partition is also not working.  You may have a failing hard disk drive.

If the hard disk drive is not failing, you would just need a Recovery Disc to restore the software (and recovery partition) back to factory settings.

Please use plain text.
Top 40 Artist
Marcus1983

Re: Windows system32 config system missing or corrupt

Good day,

Just to add, just in case your computer is with in 1 year or have an extended warranty with sony. You need to contact support for a possible repair. 

If you don't have an extended warranty with Sony and your more than one year, you can go to this website to set up repair

If you have an extended warranty with other insurance or stores, you need to contact them then. 

Regards, 

Marcus

Please use plain text.