Language: English / Spanish

welcome to Sony's community site

Get involved! Whether you are here to ask or give help - we are happy you stopped by and look forward to seeing you in the future! Please watch our Welcome Video to get started.

VAIO - Software & Other Operating Systems

Tuning Up
lex200900
Accepted Solution

bios password reset

[ Edited ]

Good day. I can't run Windows, there's some system error. And i'm trying to reinstall WINDOWS, but when i try to open BIOS it asking me to enter bios password. I tried to enter it 3 times and after that it shows red block "Enter Onetime Password" with "key: 7R68-6232-RDXJ-PKD8". Can you please help me:smileysad:    (Sorry for bad english, Russia)

MODEL PCG-71912v

Serial: A1827699A 7829708

Please use plain text.
Top 40 Artist
TonyM

Re: bios password reset

Hi,

It seems you are looking for the BIOS password. Is the model # belongs to Russia?

A resolution for this issue is available, but for security purposes, this resolution can only be provided by a support representative. To ensure that only the rightful owner is granted access to the computer, a copy of the proof-of-purchase will be required at the time of the call.

For information on how to contact a Sony facility in another country please visit the following site:

http://www.sony.ru/section/kontakt

If my post answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution."

Please use plain text.
Emerging Star
JeromeJones

for your bios password reset, you can have a look at the following article: http://elva-passwordrecovery.blogspot.com/2012/12/how-to-reset-bios-password-in-windows-8.html

Please use plain text.
RyanC

[ Edited ]

Thank you for your contribution JeromeJones, however your suggestions are not a solution for his BIOS password issue.

lex200900,  Please follow Tony's instruction and contact Sony in your region to have the BIOS password removed.

We can only address this BIOS password removal request over the phone after a proof of purchase has been submitted to determine ownership of the VAIO PC.

Please use plain text.