Language: English / Spanish
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

welcome to Sony's community site

Get involved! Whether you are here to ask or give help - we are happy you stopped by and look forward to seeing you in the future! Please watch our Welcome Video to get started.

VAIO - Software & Other Operating Systems

Groovin'
RamiS77
Accepted Solution

broadcom bluetooth update failed to install - svd13217pa - win8.1

Hi everybody,

My computer - SVD13217PA- has failed twice to install the update 12.0.0.7800 directed towards broadcom bluetooth device. The computer has gone through all the proper updates to survive the 8.1 troubled upgrade.

Any thoughts,

Rami  

Please use plain text.
Emerging Star
lobjoit

Re: broadcom bluetooth update failed to install - svd13217pa - win8.1

There seems to be a problem with the file. IE11 writes in red "The signature of this program is corrupt or invalid" in the download info.

Then when running the program, you get this: "Bluetooth Driver Update has stopped working \n A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available.

I have downloaded the program three time now with the sam result, so I don't think it's due to corruption in download.

Please use plain text.
Tuning Up
cksharma

You can reinstall the original drivers from the vaio care(desktop) and then try to install the updated drivers

other than that it can also possible that you haven't upgrade your windows properly that's why having this issue...

Please use plain text.
Emerging Star
lobjoit

That wouldn't explain why IE11 flags a problem with the signature of the file.

I have now tried to do the update via VAIO Update and it fails there, too, turning up in the "Update programs that failed to install" section

Please use plain text.
Groovin'
RamiS77

You can say that what you mentioned up there is the extension of my story...same msg..same thing..and still the problem is not solved!

Please use plain text.
Top 40 Artist
TimSu

Hey there Ramis77!

Thank you for providing the exact model name of your laptop, unfortunately we are unable to assist customers outside of the US. You may refer to this page for information on contacting the Sony Support Center in your region. Alternatively, you may try uninstalling the driver, installing the bluetooth driver for Windows 8 and then update it to Windows 8.1.

Thanks

-Tim

If my post answers your question, please mark it as "Accept as Solution"

Please use plain text.