Language: English / Spanish
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

welcome to Sony's community site

Get involved! Whether you are here to ask or give help - we are happy you stopped by and look forward to seeing you in the future! Please watch our Welcome Video to get started.

VAIO - Software & Other Operating Systems

Groovin'
swan

download of vaio movie creator

Hi

I have to recover the movie creator app and tried to use VAIO Care or Update wih no success.

My model is VAIO Pro named SVP1321C5E

Can you help ?

Thanks, regards

Vittorio

Please use plain text.
Top 40 Artist
Keiran

Re: download of vaio movie creator

[ Edited ]

swan wrote:

Hi

I have to recover the movie creator app and tried to use VAIO Care or Update wih no success.

My model is VAIO Pro named SVP1321C5E

Can you help ?

Thanks, regards

Vittorio

What have you tried to do in Vaio Care? Did you open up the Desktop Vaio Care and go to "Advanced Tools" -> "Restore and Recovery" -> Reinstall applications and drivers"? Or did you do something else?
Cheers,
Keiran
#SuperUserbySony
Please use plain text.
Groovin'
swan

Hi

I did it just what you said, that is 

Desktop Vaio Care -> "Advanced Tools" -> "Restore and Recovery" -> Reinstall applications and drivers"

but only a couple of drivers appears, no movie creator.

Does this mean that it was not originally installed in the laptop?

If so, it's strange since I just bought it and the website shows that it should be included.

Regards

Vittorio

Please use plain text.
Top 40 Artist
Keiran

swan wrote:

Hi

I did it just what you said, that is 

Desktop Vaio Care -> "Advanced Tools" -> "Restore and Recovery" -> Reinstall applications and drivers"

but only a couple of drivers appears, no movie creator.

Does this mean that it was not originally installed in the laptop?

If so, it's strange since I just bought it and the website shows that it should be included.

Regards

Vittorio

You are right. I just combed the site and it shows that Vaio Movie Creator is a part of the Pro line. Out of curiosity, you said at first that you wanted to recover it. Did you uninstall the Movie Creator at some point or have you just never seen it? Next question is About Vaio Update. Apparently Sony.co.uk says Vaio Movie Creator is available via the Update Center. Can you send me a screenshot of what your update center looks like (link, don't embed an image as the moderators have to approve images which takes a while). Also, I would contact Sony.co.uk's support via telephone and see what they say. If it turns out that you are unable to see the installation on your Vaio then you'll have to get it directly from Sony.

Cheers,
Keiran
#SuperUserbySony
Please use plain text.
Groovin'
swan

I never saw it.

this is the link of the Vaio Update center, I hope this is what you required, if not let me know

Thanks for all, regards

https://am3-broadcast.officeapps.live.com/m/Broadcast.aspx?Fi=654335dbf9c6c4d7%5Fb234c5c9%2D4869%2D4...

Please use plain text.
Top 40 Artist
Keiran

swan wrote:

I never saw it.

this is the link of the Vaio Update center, I hope this is what you required, if not let me know

Thanks for all, regards

https://am3-broadcast.officeapps.live.com/m/Broadcast.aspx?Fi=654335dbf9c6c4d7%5Fb234c5c9%2D4869%2D4...

Yeah, that's what I was worried about. Thre is a link not at the top bar called "New Software". You're going to have to contact Sony Support and see what they say about installing the software. Also check to make sure your Vaio Update is also up to date with the latest version. Uninstall the current version and install this version and see if the tab "New Software" appears:

http://www.sony.co.uk/support/en/product/SVP1321C5E/downloads/preinstalled_drivers_win8_8782

Cheers,
Keiran
#SuperUserbySony
Please use plain text.
Groovin'
swan

thanks

the link you wrote reports that a warning telling

WARNING! This download is only for use with the following Sony VAIO® Computers:
- VPC; SV; PCG; PCV; VGN; VGC; VGX

My laptop is SVPxxx, I think is included in the list as 'SV', but since I want to be sure can you confirm?

Thx a lot

Please use plain text.
Top 40 Artist
Keiran

swan wrote:

thanks

the link you wrote reports that a warning telling

WARNING! This download is only for use with the following Sony VAIO® Computers:
- VPC; SV; PCG; PCV; VGN; VGC; VGX

My laptop is SVPxxx, I think is included in the list as 'SV', but since I want to be sure can you confirm?

Thx a lot

That particular Vaio Update Center is from your model's download page so go ahead and try it. If it doesn't allow you to then there is not much else we can do for you on here. If it does install but it still doesn't have the "New Programs" tab then you will need to call the Sony.co.uk support people to get this sorted out. Not much more we can do for you at this point. Be ready for a bit of frustration. Phone support people who answer at first are generally lower on the scale of computer support and run off of a script. Just go over what you have tried and also tell them about the Vaio Update warning on your model's update page.

Good luck.

Cheers,
Keiran
#SuperUserbySony
Please use plain text.
Groovin'
swan

thx for all

I did the update but no good news, I'll try to call the support people then

have a good day, cheers

Please use plain text.