Language: English / Spanish
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

welcome to Sony's community site

Get involved! Whether you are here to ask or give help - we are happy you stopped by and look forward to seeing you in the future! Please watch our Welcome Video to get started.

VAIO - Software & Other Operating Systems

Groovin'
capossito
Accepted Solution

enabling hardware virtualization(intel vt) on vaio svs131190x

Hi i would like to enable hv on my vaio svs131190x (windows 8 pro), the problem is that my computer screen is broken and i cant see my BIOS menu, is there another way to enable it ? or can someone tell me how should i navigate in the menu in order to enable it. Thanks in advance.

Please use plain text.
RyanC

Re: enabling hardware virtualization(intel vt) on vaio svs131190x

Hello capossito,

Do you have an external monitor that you could use to temporarily replace the broken screen?  

If you do, you could connect the monitor to use it to navigate the BIOS.

It would be difficult to guide you through the options if you cant see the screen.

Please use plain text.
Groovin'
capossito

Yes Sir I do have an external monitor, the problem is that i cannot make the BIOS to show (boot) on external monitor even though i already set the external monitor as primary the BIOS only shows on the laptop screen.
Please use plain text.
RyanC

[ Edited ]

Well, if you want to try navigating the BIOS blind, here is a step-by-step:

• Power on the unit and immediately begin tapping the F2 key to enter the BIOS.
    (The bios should be loaded within seconds of you turning the unit on)
  • Hit the Right Arrow key only once.  (This will take you to the advanced tab)(
  • Hit the Enter key once.  (This will select the Top most option (virtualization)
  • Hit the Up Arrow key once. (This will move the selector from Disabled to Enabled)
  • Hit the Enter key once. (This will select Enabled)
  • Hit F10 to save and exit.

I am gathering these steps from an SVS15 inch model rather than 13, but the bios menu layout should be the same.

If these steps don't do you any justice, you might need to get that screen fixed before you can reliably proceed.

Please use plain text.
Groovin'
capossito

Hi Thank you so much it worked perfectly.

Please use plain text.