Language: English / Spanish
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

welcome to Sony's community site

Get involved! Whether you are here to ask or give help - we are happy you stopped by and look forward to seeing you in the future! Please watch our Welcome Video to get started.

VAIO - Software & Other Operating Systems

Tuning Up
moonlight4u
Accepted Solution

how can go to bios

i have sony vaio E P14 with windows 8 but i cant go to bios setting by any way i try F1 F2 ESC DEL more keys but always go to the windows how can go to bios ???????????
Please use plain text.
Groovin'
mdh347

Re: how can go to bios

Turn off computer, press assist key on upper right of keyboard, which turns on the computer and gives boot options. Not obvious, but it is documented.
Please use plain text.
Sony Employee
SteveJ

Re: how can go to bios

Just to expand on the correct steps mdh347 provided, here are the steps with some images:

1. With the computer turned completely off, press and hold the Assistbutton until the black VAIO screen appears.

NOTE:  The location of the Assist button will be different depending on the computer model. Refer to the operating instructions supplied with the computer for the exact location of the Assist button on your model. Manuals are available online through the Manuals/Specs/Warranty link on this page.

2. At the VAIOCare | Rescue Mode screen, press the Down Arrow key until the Start BIOS setup [F2] option is highlighted, and then press the Enterkey.

Start BIOS Setup

3. In the [BIOS Name] Setup Utility screen, use the Arrow keys to navigate through the various setup screens and options, use the Enter key to select different screens and options, and use the ESC key to exit the different screens or options.

NOTE:  To reset the computer BIOS to the original default values, press the F9 key and then save the changes and exit.

Please use plain text.