Language: English / Spanish

welcome to Sony's community site

Get involved! Whether you are here to ask or give help - we are happy you stopped by and look forward to seeing you in the future! Please watch our Welcome Video to get started.

VAIO - Software & Other Operating Systems

Groovin'
Mani1990

how to do a factory reset on sony vaio SVF15A13SN model?

Dear All,

Last month, I bought a new sony vaio SVF15A13SN model laptop in india. Now i just want to reset my laptop as factory reset. I tried with assist and F10 button. Nothing resets everything is present which i had installed too.I want my laptop to be clean as like one i bought. I followed this link http://sony-paa-pa-en-web--paa.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/83835/ nothing happens. Please assist me how to reset my laptop. Please clarify me if i do factory reset is i have to install windows again?

Please use plain text.
MarkCr

Re: how to do a factory reset on sony vaio SVF15A13SN model?

Hi Mani1990!

Is your VAIO running on Windows 8/8.1 or lower? Thanks!

-MarkC

Please use plain text.
Groovin'
Mani1990

I have windows 8.1. While i bought i had windows 8 after i upgraded to 8.1.

Thanks

Mani

Please use plain text.
Top 40 Artist
TimSu

Hello Mani1990!

What do you mean by nothing resets? Kindly try following the steps posted on this page.

**Note**

Eventhough it says Windows 8.1 on the Recovery Page, it will still be reverted back to Windows 8.0. It is just merely displaying the currently installed version of Windows on your computer.

Hope this helps

~Tim

If my post answers your question, please mark it as "Accept as Solution"

Please use plain text.
Groovin'
Mani1990

As per the given link. I am able to do up to the 4th point. After that my lap is restarting and prompt for the access crendentials. I am not seeing any screen as mentioned in the link. I had one more clarification if i did factory reset mean then, Is all the installed software of my lap will be lost? 

Please use plain text.
Top 40 Artist
TimSu

Hello Mani1990!

Doing a factory reset will erase all software that is installed on your computer. However, for those programs that came preinstalled with the computer, you will be able to re-install them via the Vaio Care program. What do you mean by 4th point?

~Tim

Please use plain text.
Groovin'
Mani1990

I tried to say up to 4th step i can able to do. Once i completed the 4th step my lap restarting and promp me for access crendentials.

Please use plain text.
Top 40 Artist
TimSu

Hello Mani1990!

What do you mean by access credentials? Can you provide a screenshot of that error. Just to verify, while the computer is turned off you pressed the "Assist" button and then chose Recovery/F10 from the list?

~Tim

Please use plain text.
Groovin'
Mani1990

Access credentials - login credentials. Yeah i turned off the computer by long pressing the power button and then i clicked the assist button.
Please use plain text.
Top 40 Artist
TimSu

Hello Mani1990!

If that is happening then it only means that the Recovery Partition is no longer accessible. The only way you could revert or do a factory reset is to buy a Recovery Media Kit. To order a Recovery Media Kit, you may refer to this page

~Tim

Please use plain text.