Language: English / Spanish
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

welcome to Sony's community site

Get involved! Whether you are here to ask or give help - we are happy you stopped by and look forward to seeing you in the future! Please watch our Welcome Video to get started.

VAIO - Software & Other Operating Systems

Tuning Up
mavzunat
Accepted Solution

how to fix a FLICKERING SCREEN?

I need help fixing a very annoying screen flickering problem

Please use plain text.
trung

Re: how to fix a FLICKERING SCREEN?

mavzunat

Here are a few things to try..

1. Does it only flicker in Windows? (try going into the BIOS and see if it still flicker, if it does then it's not software

related..

2. Does it flicker if you move the LCD? If it does it could be a loose LCD harness...

3. Connect an ext. monitor to it, does it flicker there also?  If it does, check the video driver to see if there's an

update or it could mean that your video card is going bad...

Please use plain text.
Tuning Up
mavzunat

Thank you for a detailed instruction! I saw that there were 15 updates waiting to be installed, after I installed them all my screen stopped flickering. Hopefully it won't do it anymore.
Please use plain text.
Garage Band
nohackmove

I have flickering display at boot screen . Only happens if i shut down computer and then start from power button. All drivers of vaio update and windows 8 are done. Sony turkiye told me not to upgrade to 8.1 till sp1 release. This problem suddenly happened. Till yesterday all was fine.
Please use plain text.
MarkCr

Hi nohackmove,

It's possibly a hardware issue since the flickering happens before it goes into windows. It would be best to follow Trung's suggestions just to make sure. Hope it helps.

Please use plain text.
Garage Band
nohackmove

[ Edited ]

hi thanks i will try on an ext. monitor soon.

i am the unluckiest person on earth i guess. it was not passed a week i purchased the computer.

something similar has happened three months ago when i purchased samsung ativ book 9 +. it was the first day and i returned computer and took payment back.

i hate devices break down at very first days.

talked to center i pruchased device they advised to bring to repair center of sony immediately.

they would merge if it is harware or software error.

so i explained that i had bought the device that i need it immediately. if there is an error on hardware it can wait for a while. otherwise i return it.

Please use plain text.
MarkCr

I see. Well it might be for the best if you have the unit checked so the issue can be determined. Thanks for the post. Cheers.

Please use plain text.