Language: English / Spanish

welcome to Sony's community site

Get involved! Whether you are here to ask or give help - we are happy you stopped by and look forward to seeing you in the future! Please watch our Welcome Video to get started.

VAIO - Software & Other Operating Systems

Tuning Up
trinadimitroff
Accepted Solution

my printer wont install due to error messages

I bought my sony vaio pcg-71c12l a year and a half ago.  At the same time, I bought a Kodak printer.  I was unable to connect the printer wirelessly to my computer because I kept receiving error messages.  I was able to connect it using a usb and thought it was the printers fault.  However, I have now bought a new printer - Brother mfc-J4410DW and am unable to download the MLF software wirelessly or using a usb.  As the CD is downloading, I get the error message Difx Driver Package Install Error - 30 with a usb or ISO52 error  wirelessly.  Brothers website explains that if it is not a firewall issue I turned off all firewalls, then it is an OS issue.  If disabling your third parti anti-virus or firewall does not resolve the issue, this may also occur if there is a problem with the DriverPackagePreinstall function pre-installing a driver package for a Plug and Play PnP function driver in the DIFx driver store.  Please contact your PC manufacturer for further assistance.So, apparently it is an issue with my computer, and it seems to have been happening since I bought it.  Can you please advise me what to do. Report cards are due soon, so the sooner the better please!

Please use plain text.
JoelP

Re: my printer wont install due to error messages

trinadimitroff:

Usually this kind of thing can be circumvented easily by running the app install file with admin privileges.  To do this in Windows 7, browse to the file you are trying to run on the CD, but instead of double left clicking it to launch it, right click on it instead, and on the right click menu, select 'Run as administrator'.  This should allow the software to install properly.

Please use plain text.
Tuning Up
trinadimitroff

I am the administrator, so when I right click the program, it does not give me the option to Run As Administrator. Still getting same error messages.
Please use plain text.
JoelP

If you are using Windows 7 and you don't see 'Run as administrator' when right clicking an executable file, you may have User Account Control disabled on your PC.  Please run a search using the Windows 7 Start/Search box, and type in: user account

You should find a link labeled 'Change user account control settings'.  Please click on this and let me know where the slider control of UAC is located.  Is it set all the way to the bottom, on 'Never notify'?

Please use plain text.