Language: English / Spanish
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

welcome to Sony's community site

Get involved! Whether you are here to ask or give help - we are happy you stopped by and look forward to seeing you in the future! Please watch our Welcome Video to get started.

VAIO - Software & Other Operating Systems

Groovin'
mikemiles8

touchpad and volume control not working anymore on vaio vgn-fw480j?

I recently used dban to wipe my laptop as I had filled up the hard drive with mainly music and what not. I then used my valid copy of windows 7 64bit Home version to load onto my vgn-fw480j laptop. Everything works great except I used to see the volume appear when I pressed the button to change it up or down. Not the biggest issue but just something I noticed. What actually changed or no longer works is the scrolling ability on my touchpad. Not sure how to get this to work again?

Thanks for any bit of help.

Please use plain text.
Tuning Up
heatherfallxxx

Re: touchpad and volume control not working anymore on vaio vgn-fw480j?

i just got my computer today and im having the same issues...sorry i cant help but let me know if you figure anything out!
Please use plain text.
RyanC

mikemiles8 wrote:

. Everything works great except I used to see the volume appear when I pressed the button to change it up or down. Not the biggest issue but just something I noticed. What actually changed or no longer works is the scrolling ability on my touchpad. Not sure how to get this to work again?

Thanks for any bit of help.

Are you saying the volume still changes when you press the hotkeys but you just cannot see the volume level displayed on the screen?  This is usually caused by not having the video driver installed.

If the hotkeys are not working at all, then you need to install the Sony Shared Library and Vaio Event Service software.

Please use plain text.
Groovin'
mikemiles8

ya the hot keys arent working anymore. Such as screen brightness, switching to connect to a tv via HDMI, volume button shows up on the screen when you press it and on my touchpad I can't scroll anymore.

I tried installing the Sony Shared Library but no matter what operating system I choose, I get an error message saying it will only run on Windows Vista even though I have Windows 7 running and it's not a cracked version or anything.

Not sure what to do? I did find this tutorial video but I wont be able to do it tomorrow so I'll repost on here if it ends up working.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5CcrIfUCLV4

Please use plain text.
RyanC

mikemiles8 wrote:

I tried installing the Sony Shared Library but no matter what operating system I choose, I get an error message saying it will only run on Windows Vista even though I have Windows 7 running and it's not a cracked version or anything.

You may be running the install package .exe in "compatibility mode".  To disable this, right-click on the installation file and select properties.  Go to the compatibility tab and uncheck compatibility mode and click apply.

Please use plain text.