Language: English / Spanish

welcome to Sony's community site

Get involved! Whether you are here to ask or give help - we are happy you stopped by and look forward to seeing you in the future! Please watch our Welcome Video to get started.

VAIO - Software & Other Operating Systems

Tuning Up
tishhumphrey
Accepted Solution

viao laptop will not detect second monitor

I have a VAIO laptop (VGNFE790), i am trying to connect an external monitor to the laptop. I am running on windows 7, i know the actual VGA port and cable are good. The laptop itself under the control panel and monitor area will NOT detect the second monitor when i plug it in. i have hit DETECT, i have done all the windows driver updates, the video card says it is functioning properly. I don't know where to turn to at this point. I was trying to search the Sony site to see if there were additional updates that may help since the VGA graphics adapter came with the laptop. Please help - very frustrated.

Please use plain text.
NickT

Re: viao laptop will not detect second monitor

[ Edited ]

Hi tishhumphrey,

There are no drivers supported for windows 7 from Sony www.esupport.sony.com site.  What you can try to do is download the drivers from the previous version of windows and install it in compatibility mode.  To do so, please check link below to walk you thru it.  Downloading the video drivers and notebook utilities(hotkey function) if you can.  

https://us.en.kb.sony.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/31984/c/65%2C66/kw/31984

Nick-

Please use plain text.
Tuning Up
notafan

Re: viao laptop will not detect second monitor

How can it be possible that Sony does not offer Windows 7 drivers?  We are talking about a major company that is trying to compete in a rather commodotized marketplace.  I truly can't fathom this.  Can anyone tell us how to get drivers and external montiors working?

Please use plain text.