Language: English / Spanish
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

welcome to Sony's community site

Get involved! Whether you are here to ask or give help - we are happy you stopped by and look forward to seeing you in the future! Please watch our Welcome Video to get started.

VAIO - Software & Other Operating Systems

Groovin'
arpar
Accepted Solution

video issues after windows 8.1 update on multi flip

Dear Community,

recently I recieved my vaio multi flip whish included windows 8 already.

After the first confifuration it updated to Windows 8.1

Since then Videos are completely distored and cannot be shown in a large size or in full screen mode.

This doesn't seem to be a general issue with graphics drivers as videos work well in the VLC player and in browsers (after having disabled hardware rendering), also with games.

As per my observation the issue could be somehow with the video player in the Metro (I guess this is launched by WWAHost.exe), because:

- No App in Metro can show videos properly (e.g. youtube, zattoo or the video player)

- I uninstalled IE 11 and Windows Media Player 12 --> Problem remains

- I installed different Codec packs (e.g. K Lite) --> Problem remains

What I have also done:

- Re-installed drivers --> Problem remains

- I have reseted the computer (Factory reset)--> All good again (on Win 8.0) --> Windows update to 8.1 --> Same problem

Any help is much appreciated as this issue is really disturbing

Thanks!

Please use plain text.
Top 40 Artist
TimSu

Re: video issues after windows 8.1 update on multi flip

Hello arpar!

For us to check your computer's specifications, can you please provide the exact model name of your laptop. Also just to verify, you said the computer updated to Windows 8.1, were you able to follow the steps in properly upgrading to Windows 8.1 posted here?

~Tim

Please use plain text.
Groovin'
arpar

Hello Tim,

thank you for your response.

The exact model name is: SVF15N1C5E

To the other topic: I think I did it basicly according to the instructions. I didn't create Backup disks which I don't see relevant to this issue. Also I performed the vaio update process before installing win8.1 I think all updates were installed, but to be honest, I can't tell you anymore whether 100% of them were installed before the 8.1 installation, but I think they were.

Once the 8.1 upgrade procedure started, I had no possibilities to influence it, until it was fully completed.

Immediately after the update, the videos in the metro apps didn't work anymore. Installations of all available updates on the sony website, from Microsoft and the other 3rd parties (NVidia/Intel) were successfully performed but didn't help either.

I hope this information helps.

Looking forward to receive your next message,

Arpar

Please use plain text.
Emerging Star
scrannel

[ Edited ]

After going to 8.1 I was getting distorted vids at various screen sizes, and went into Vaio Control Center and under image quality turned OFF both selections for "x-reality for mobile" and that cured it.  Maybe just me though. 

Please use plain text.
Groovin'
arpar

This is easy and awesome.

Yes, it helped and the videos are fine again.

For me it works now, but it seems Sony needs to work on the X-Reality software and provide an update.

I have looked into everything, but not into this option :smileyhappy:

THANK YOU!!!

Please use plain text.