Language: English / Spanish
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

welcome to Sony's community site

Get involved! Whether you are here to ask or give help - we are happy you stopped by and look forward to seeing you in the future! Please watch our Welcome Video to get started.

VAIO - Upgrade, Backup, & Recovery

Tuning Up
rakniazi

An unspecified error occurred during System Restore. (0x8000ffff)

When I try to restore a Windows 7-based computer by using System Restore in Windows Recovery Environment (WinRE), I receive the following error message:

System Restore did not complete successfully. Your computer's system files and settings were not changed.

Details:
An unspecified error occurred during System Restore. (0x8000ffff)

You can try System Restore again and choose a different restore point. If you continue to see this error, you can try an advanced recovery method. For more information, see What is Recovery?

Kindly help kme to restore my system. Currently I am unable to even start my system.
Please use plain text.
Top 40 Artist
Miguael

Re: An unspecified error occurred during System Restore. (0x8000ffff)

Hi rakniazi.

Try performing all the steps mentioned here to troubleshoot the issue: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2695585

If the issue persists, perform a complete system recovery to restore your computer to the factory settings. Restart the computer, keep tapping the F10 key continuously, press enter key at the edit boot option, select start recovery wizard and click on skip VAIO Care rescue (If you do not wish to back up data) to start the system recovery process.

Note:  It is required to take backup of all the data before performing the system recovery as it erases everything from the computer.

You can get back with the exact model # of your computer. Locate the exact model # here: http://esupport.sony.com/US/p/support-info.pl?info_id=264

Note: If my post answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution."

Please use plain text.