Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted
Enthusiast
Message 1 of 2 (216 Views)

Error messages when using recovery service

[ Edited ]

When I startup my Vaio using the assist button, and select Troubleshooting (recovery), Vaio recovery solutions, it says:

"Start VAIO recovery solutions

You need to start your computer to start VAIO recovery solutions. Select "Restart" to continue"

I click restart and it instantly says:

An error has occured. Cannot launch an application. Shut down you computer, then try the operation again"...

Error: 104

Retrying gives the same results.

--

Also, if I try to recover from a previously made recovery USB, I go into Vaio Care (recovery solutions), then click 'start recovery wizard', then 'skip rescue' (I don't want to backup existing files)' it says:

"An error occured while excecuting an application. The operation was not completed'...

Error 393

Is there anyhting I can do to fix either of these problems please?

Thanks

Message 2 of 2 (171 Views)

Re: Error messages when using recovery service

Hi GabrielKnight,

Welcome to Sony Community!

We're sad to know that you're having difficulty reformating your laptop. You should have provided the model number and the current operating system of your device to assist you better. Was there any modification performed in this unit? 

The RAID configuration has been modified that's why the error 393 occurred. To fix this you need to change the RAID configuration back to RAID 0 and then try recovery. Here is the link to help  you how to do it, https://us.en.kb.sony.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/41237/c/65,66/kw/how%20to%20configure%20raid%20

For further assistance regarding your concern, please contact the Sony offices/Sony representative offices nearest to your place of residence in Asia Pacific region http://www.sony-asia.com/countryselector.html?hpid=countryselector:AsiaPacific. Due to proximity, they are in a better position to respond to your questions or concerns.

Regards,
Jen

Answered your question? Glad I could help! Please Click the "Accept as Solution" button below.

Get Social

Share your ideas Watch YouTube Support Videos follow us on Twitter Visit us on Facebook