Skip to the end of navigation

Welcome to the Community!

VAIO - Upgrade, Backup, & Recovery

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Rookie
Message 1 of 4 (942 Views)

I can't upgrade from hdd to ssd, on my SVE14A3V2ES.

I can't upgrade from hdd to ssd, on my SVE14A3V2ES. I have mirrored from the old disk the opperation system only, without the recovery. when I plug in the new ssd it says there is no opperation system. Also whatever changes I do in the bios I cannot boot from CD, USB or any any other drive, only from the original drive.
How can I use the new SSD?

Message 2 of 4 (908 Views)

Re: I can't upgrade from hdd to ssd, on my SVE14A3V2ES.

Hi evpevp

Thank you for visiting Sony Community! 

We do not recommend upgrading or changing the type of storage media from HDD to SSD. Aside from that, SVE14A3V2ES appears to be a non-U.S. model and we have limited information about this model. 

For further assistance, we kindly recommend visiting our Sony Global Website for information on contacting the Sony Support Center in your region at http://www.sony.net/SonyInfo/Support/

Regards,

Vincent 

Answered your question? Glad I could help! Please Click the "Accept as Solution" button below

Enthusiast
Message 3 of 4 (486 Views)

sorry , does sve14a3v2es have sata 3 or sata 2?

Highlighted
Message 4 of 4 (441 Views)

Hi, Filippos383

SVE14A3V2ES appears to be a non-U.S. model. Unfortunately, we have limited information about the specifications of this unit. I also replied to your other post: https://community.sony.com/t5/VAIO-Upgrade-Backup-Recovery/Hallo-Does-sony-vaio-sve14a3v2es-have-sat...

Regards,

Vincent 

If my post answers your question, please mark it as "Accept as Solution"

Get Social

Share your ideas Watch YouTube Support Videos follow us on Twitter Visit us on Facebook