Language: English / Spanish

welcome to Sony's community site

Get involved! Whether you are here to ask or give help - we are happy you stopped by and look forward to seeing you in the future! Please watch our Welcome Video to get started.

VAIO - Upgrade, Backup, & Recovery

Groovin'
Sanghoang
Accepted Solution

My laptop's screen turn black while it' s still running

[ Edited ]
I got FBI virus three weeks ago, luckily I restored my laptop by putting safe mode. I used it normally till couple days ago, Its screen turned black after Vaio logo appeared few seconds. I can only press F2 to go into Bios and do nothing. My Vaio series is VPCSE1AFX. Please help me!!!
Please use plain text.
Top 40 Artist
Marcus1983

Re: My laptop's screen turn black while it' s still running

[ Edited ]

Hello there,

I am not sure if others have different thoughts on this.

There are some computers that was able to have FBI Virus that can still be booted to safemode just in case if not. 

The next thing to do is to do a Full Factory Format, for your files and documents. You can try to look for a professional who could try to back up your files or here.

To go to Safemode: F8

To go to Vaio Recovery Partition: F10

Regards,

Marcus

Please use plain text.
Groovin'
Sanghoang

It doesn't work when I press F8 or F10.:smileysad:

Please use plain text.
Top 40 Artist
Marcus1983

Hello there, 

Thats very rare not to work. Make sure that the computer is completely shut down. To make sure that the computer is shutdown, you can try to Press and Hold the power button for straight 10 seconds, and once done. Press the power button once and keep on tapping F8 or F10 as many times as you can. 

If this still didn't work.

Based on the specs of your computer you should have a Assist Button on top of your keyboard. While the computer is completely shutdown. Press the Assist Button. 

If all else fails, I am afraid that the FBI Virus already corrupted even your recovery partition then its time to get a Recovery Media Disk. You can contact - Parts and Accessories at 800-488-7669.

Will you the best,

Marcus

Please use plain text.
Groovin'
Sanghoang

Thanks you so much!!! I think so, too
Please use plain text.