Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted
Enthusiast
Message 1 of 10 (1,877 Views)
Accepted Solution

Need Help With Recovery!

Ok, I have a Sony VAIO Flip, Model # SVF15N17CXB. It was purchased with Windows 8, as time went on and Sony gave me the OK, I upgraded to Windows 10 and everything has worked fine for some time.

I recently got some sort of virus that was too difficult to remove, so I opted to do a reinstall of the Windows 10 OS. As far as I knew, I created backups to thumb drives, one of the Windows 10 OS and one of the Sony software files. (Sidenote: I have two thumb drives and I've forgotten which one was for the OS and which was for the Sony stuff. If anyone knows what to look for to identify one from the other I'd love to know. Noob Out.)

The computer is up and running now with the fresh OS. But I don't have VAIO Care, I don't have any of the original Sony software, and when I flip my screen around, the picture doesn't adjust the way it is supposed to.

Anyone able to help point me int he right direction? I would be very greatful!

Thanks in advance!

Enthusiast
Message 2 of 10 (1,857 Views)

Re: Need Help With Recovery!

Please follow this link and select your OS aptly to find the drivers: https://esupport.sony.com/US/p/model-home.pl?mdl=SVF15N17CXB&template_id=1&region_id=1&tab=download#...

Enthusiast
Message 3 of 10 (1,812 Views)

Thank you for the help! It was a little challenging as I had to decide to download and install some software that was built for the Windows 8 this notebook shipped with and other software that had Windows 10 version. I do now have VAIO Care installed and seemingly working on my computer.

There were other software programs, I think for like drawing, music, recording, editing, etc. Is there any way to recover those as well?

Message 4 of 10 (1,728 Views)

[ Edited ]

Hi, Jerdoggmckoy

Unfortunately, some of the pre-installed software cannot just be reinstalled after performing a clean install of the opearting system. Those applications cannot be downloaded via the eSupport website. This is one of the reasons why we do not recommend performing a clean install of Windows O.S. 

" As far as I knew, I created backups to thumb drives, one of the Windows 10 OS and one of the Sony software files"

Are you referring to Sony recovery files? 

Regards,

Vincent 

If my post answers your question, please mark it as "Accept as Solution"

Enthusiast
Message 5 of 10 (1,678 Views)

Yes, I am referring to the Sony recovery files.

And of course preforming a clean install of Windows OS is not recommended. It's a pain in the but! But when you have a virus you can't clean, you do what you have to do. I'm just shocked there is no recovery option provided for that sofrware by Sony for when this occurs.
Message 6 of 10 (1,629 Views)

Hi, Jerdoggmckoy

If you really want to have the pre-installed apps again on your machine, you need to perform a full format recovery again using the recovery disc or your USB recovery backup. Again, we cannot reinstall those apps in this situation. Check the link for other details: https://us.en.kb.sony.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/36806/

Regards,

Vincent 

If my post answers your question, please mark it as "Accept as Solution" 

Enthusiast
Message 7 of 10 (1,587 Views)

[SOLVED] Re: Need Help With Recovery!

Ok, I was finally able to resolve this by using the "ASSIST" button. I turned computer off. Powered computer on simply by holding the "ASSIST" button. This allowed me to return the computer BACK to factory settings. Then I had all the software and drivers that came pre-installed.

Then I just walked through all the Windows and VAIO Care updates slowly. First Windows 8, then 8.1 and finally 10. It was brutal. Took a long time, but I'm finally back to where I need to be. Thank you everyone for your help!

Rookie
Message 8 of 10 (336 Views)

Hello can any body here help me....
My sony vaio SVF11N16CG hard disk drive none...
How to fix it?
Enthusiast
Message 9 of 10 (332 Views)

I was able to do a complete hard drive wipe, reset back to factory settings by booting the computer by holding down the "ASSIST" key. Not sure if that's what you need.

Message 10 of 10 (250 Views)

Hi Jefry

Welcome to Sony Community!

We're sorry to hear this. Are you getting an error message as well? You may try to do a power reset on your laptop and reset the BIOS default setting then check again the status of your hard disk drive. If the issue still persists. For further assistance regarding your concern, please contact the Sony offices/Sony representative offices nearest to your place of residence in Asia Pacific region http://www.sony-asia.com/countryselector.html?hpid=countryselector:AsiaPacific. Due to proximity, they are in a better position to respond to your questions or concerns.

Regards,

Jen

Answered your question? Glad I could help! Please Click the "Accept as Solution" button below.

Get Social

Share your ideas Watch YouTube Support Videos follow us on Twitter Visit us on Facebook