Language: English / Spanish

welcome to Sony's community site

Get involved! Whether you are here to ask or give help - we are happy you stopped by and look forward to seeing you in the future! Please watch our Welcome Video to get started.

VAIO - Upgrade, Backup, & Recovery

Groovin'
Poolchickk
Accepted Solution

Restore to factory settings

He all, I have the sony vaio fit 15. Since updating to windows 8.1 my laptop is not working correctly. I have tried restoring to factory settings but all I get is unable to reset your PC. A required drive partition is missing. If I try to refresh all I get is the drive where windows is installed is locked. Unlock the drive and try again. In disk management the hidden partition is there (seems there are 3 of them but they are all healthy). Someone please help as I am so upset. I have only had the laptop for a few months and have nothing but drama with it.... Don't think I'll ever buy another one again....
Please use plain text.
MarkPa

Re: Restore to factory settings

Hi Poolchickk,

What is the exact model name of your laptop? Did you follow the recommended steps for upgrading Windows 8.1? For this kind of issue, there could be a possibility that the recovery partition is no longer intact. You can see the partition and it may look to be healthy but the contents may not be. What I can advice you is to get a recovery disk. Hope everything will work out.

~Mark

http://bit.ly/Win-4K

Please use plain text.
Tuning Up
AllOs

Hi,

I have exactly the same problem. My model is SVP1321S1EBI. Where can I a recovery disk? And is it the only solution?

Thanks.

Please use plain text.
MarkCr

Hi AllOs,

For reverting the unit back to it's factory defaults, please follow this link - Full format recovery. Good luck.

Please use plain text.
Tuning Up
AllOs

Hi MarkCr,

Thank you for trying to help but this is not the solution, read the first post please then you'll understand.

Please use plain text.
MarkCr

I see. Well in this case the only solution if the recovery partition is corrupted or compromised is to acquire a recovery disk or install a fresh copy of windows. Thanks.

Please use plain text.