Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Rookie
Message 1 of 9 (1,991 Views)

SONY- VAIO does not turn on, power connector in laptop could be problem

[ Edited ]

Hi 

I have very old Sony VAIO with Windows 7 ( Model PCG - 61317L). It was on battery when running last time. After battery got fully discharged, could never boot up again. Its not charging now and tried to power it on without battery also. There is no light on machine when on. I think there is some problem with power connector in laptop or power pin in cord that goes in laptop. Connection might feel little loose But I tried turning on by moving it.

My power adaptor looks okay and it has green light. There are no kinks in power cord.

Please suggest how to test what went wrong. This laptop is about 4 yrs old now and no warranty.

Thanks

Message 2 of 9 (1,942 Views)

Re: SONY- VAIO does not turn on, power connector in laptop could be problem

[ Edited ]

Hi lickyj,

welcome to Sony community!

I'm sorry to hear that your computer won't turn on anymore. The PCG - 61317L was not recognized by our system. Can you provide us the exact model name of your unit so we can check the specifications and provide accurate solutions.​

Kindly visit this link for further assistance.

Regards,

Jen

If my post answers your question, please mark it as "Accept as Solution"

Rookie
Message 3 of 9 (1,920 Views)

There is one number of bottom right of screen which is perhaps model number per links. 

Number is: VPCEA36FM.  It has no label to it and it is on bottom right of my screen.

Service tag sticker ( on bottom right next to VPC number) : C606CYBC

Let me know if you need any furthur information.

Message 4 of 9 (1,898 Views)

[ Edited ]

Hi luckyj,

Thanks for the reply, yes this is the model name that i need. You said the power adapter is working and it shows the green LED light.

Please follow the steps below to isolate the issue:

1. Check if DC jack is loose (twist plug completely around in the jack to 90/180/270 while pressing power button repeatedly)

2. Remove the battery (make sure it's plugged out)> press and hold the power button for 15-20 mins

3. With only the battery inside> turn it on, if no response, repeat #1>plug it in (without the battery) > turn it on, if still the same, repeat #1>with the battery inside, plug it in>turn it on.

Keep me posted.

Jen

If my post answers your question, please mark it as "Accept as Solution"

Enthusiast
Message 5 of 9 (1,853 Views)

Good evening Lucky.

We see these types of issues quite a bit. If you're having trouble getting the battery to charge, you might try removing the battery from the computer and manipulating the charger around the port to see if you can get any lights to come on the laptop. If you can get them on for even a split second, you probably have a bad DC jack.

If you can confirm this, I would look in your local area for a computer repair location that can repair DC jacks. It should cost about $100. Please be sure to read the reviews about whatever shop you decide to take it into to make sure they're legitimate and know how to repair DC jacks. 

We've seen customers bring in computers before with solder all over the motherboard and completely broken from bad repair shops. Good luck with it, its probably worth saving!

Enthusiast
Message 6 of 9 (1,819 Views)

To whom ever may be concerned
Dear,

This is to ask you that my laptop job ID number J41931122 has been lying in sony service center, Yash electronics,Nasik since 27/08/2014 but there is no progress regarding the resolution of problem. They submitted me estimate of repair I went accordingly there to deposit the money but they told me to take away my laptop and repair from service center in Pune, the same thing is recorded in CCTV footage of that day( I have every proof including videos and phone recordings). I told them them to give the same in writing but they refused to do so. Now please tell me what should I do in this case?

Options

1. Loge a criminal case
2. Lodge a case and claim for Rs. 300000 as loss of educational and business opportunity in consumer forum
3. Post this post on social sites
4. Should I make Sony incorporation (so called brand) accused in the case of fraud and incapability of providing services to customer

I you are so big brand they you must provide services that efficiently.
You are requested to suggest one of the solution from above options otherwise It is very clear that I will take every chance to take you to court and company will be responsible for further consequences. Waiting for reply in 24 hrs failing to which it is clear that you accept the failure of your Customer service cell.

Copy to: CNBC AWAAZ PAHEREDAR

Vivek Warade
India
Message 7 of 9 (1,808 Views)

Hi vivekwarade66

Please check your original post as I already replied there.

Thanks, 

Jen

Rookie
Message 8 of 9 (267 Views)

How about if my jack doesn't seem loose but still won't turn on? There is no lights on my laptop indicating that it's charging. 

Message 9 of 9 (227 Views)

Hi Arvi1996,

I already replied to your other post. 

Regards,

Jen

Get Social

Share your ideas Watch YouTube Support Videos follow us on Twitter Visit us on Facebook