Language: English / Spanish
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

welcome to Sony's community site

Get involved! Whether you are here to ask or give help - we are happy you stopped by and look forward to seeing you in the future! Please watch our Welcome Video to get started.

VAIO - Upgrade, Backup, & Recovery

Tuning Up
cherie

SVE-Series Windows 8

New SVE series laptop Windows 8 OS.  As always I started with making recovery discs.  Machine requires 32gb.  I used a 32gb flash drive.  After about 3 hrs. nothing. The machine showed the status bar moving exceptionally slow.  After a few days tried again, about 3hrs. same as before nothing.  Had other problems with loading a DVD error message said needed to repair C: drive.  Machine said doing repairs and would restart.  The machine never restarted.  The machine was replaced/exchanged and now the store is making the recovery disc.  So far after 5 hrs. it is only 1/2 complete.  To me this seems incredibly slow.  This machine has never left the store.  My SVF series took about 2 hrs. for 16GB.

Please use plain text.
Top 40 Artist
TonyM

Re: SVE-Series Windows 8

[ Edited ]

Hello Cherie,

Thanks for the post.

What is the model number of the computer?

Perform system recovery to factory settings then try creating the recovery discs:

https://us.en.kb.sony.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/36806

Follow the steps below to create the recovery discs:

Press Windows + C to open the charms tab.

Type VAIO Care in the search box and hit the enter key.

In the VAIO Care application, click Advanced Tools.

Click Recovery & Restore > Create Recovery Media.

Regards,

Tony.

Please use plain text.
Tuning Up
cherie

Thank you Tony, however this has been done twice and freezes at the half way point.  The electronics store had the machine for 3 days and couldn't make recovery discs.  They did extend our return policy.  We tried yesterday with the same outcome it freezes at the half way point.  We did all of the updates for Windows and Vaio first.  This is my Mom's machine and I don't have the model #. in front of me.  It is the E series 14" not an ultrabook..  In my own laptop in the control panel security/system I have system image for recovery discs.  In Mom's machine it isn't there. 

cherie

Please use plain text.
Top 40 Artist
TonyM

Hello,

Thanks for the post.

In that case, you may purchase recovery discs from:

Sony Parts and Accessories

Sony Authorized Parts Distributor

You can initiate the service here:

Sony Service Team

Regards,

Tony.

Please use plain text.
Groovin'
roncdias

hello Cherie, I have a SVE14 laptop and just wanted confrim if u have the same laptop,I wanted to know if the right bottom of ur touch pad is little in compared to the left is it? and if u click on the right bottom just near the edge does it get clicked or no ?

Please use plain text.
EdC Groovin'
Groovin'
EdC

I have the same problems plus more problems... I am not very impressed with my SONY no bologna!

Please use plain text.