Language: English / Spanish

welcome to Sony's community site

Get involved! Whether you are here to ask or give help - we are happy you stopped by and look forward to seeing you in the future! Please watch our Welcome Video to get started.

VAIO - Upgrade, Backup, & Recovery

Groovin'
MackRaptor
Accepted Solution

Sony VAIO running slowly; most media glitches and mouse won't click

Recently (about two weeks ago,) my VAIO laptop (running Windows 7) had suddenly gone very slow-- I would play media such as music or a video, and it would freeze up or stop and continue playing a second later, or the audio would sound like a broken record and repeat when I was playing a game Additionally, my mouse cursor would move around the screen slowly at times, and if I were to go to click something like a button, I would have to click a few times for it to register, or if I hovered over the button it wouldn't give me the optioin to click.

I was on vacation at the time, so I thought I had picked up a virus or malware. I ran many scans and did a deep search, but nothing was found. I then tried restoring to a previous point before a few updates, thinking that might get rid of whatever is making it run slowly. That also didn't work, so I backed up my files and performed a restore to factory settings. To make sure it was nothing I had downloaded before, I tried operating media and the internet before importing all my files, but it still ran slowly. I played the sample video, and it would occassionally freeze, and the video might stop and the audio keeps playing, or vice versa, or it would just play and move at only a few frames per second. After this, I thought the hardware had something wrong with it. I took it to an electronics store and they ran a diagnostic, but there was nothing wrong with the hardware. After ALL of this, I looked at drivers that may have been installed accidentally or any random downloads, but still nothing. My computer has been defragmented, cookies removed, etc.

My laptop is supposed to be at gaming speed, and relatively fast. I have an i7 core, so this kind of speed is very frustrating. My upload/download speed has also decreased, and I haven't the slightest idea of what could be wrong with it.

I really don't want to have to spend more money and go to another place like GeekSquad or something, and this seems like it'd be an easy problem to fix-- I just have no idea what to do at this point.

(P.S. Sorry if this is a little hard to understand, I'm not the best at explaining things, nor am I super tech-savvy. If you know what's wrong, try to make it easy for me to understand, please!)

Please use plain text.
RichO

Re: Sony VAIO running slowly; most media glitches and mouse won't click

Im really sorry to hear about the issue on your computer.  There are several reasons in computer running slow.  Please follow the steps mentioned in this article.

If my post answers your question, please mark it as "Accept as Solution"

Please use plain text.