Language: English / Spanish
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

welcome to Sony's community site

Get involved! Whether you are here to ask or give help - we are happy you stopped by and look forward to seeing you in the future! Please watch our Welcome Video to get started.

VAIO - Upgrade, Backup, & Recovery

Tuning Up
JoshFraser
Accepted Solution

Sony Vaio SVT13124CXS Memory Upgrade - What brand of RAM is compatible with it? Has 1 open dim slot.

My laptop has 4gb of memory which I believe is integrated with the motherboard.  There is one open dimm slot and I'm not sure what type of RAM is compatible with it.  Onboard is 1600mhz and that's all I can find out about it.  Would really like to upgrade if I knew what is and isn't compatible.

Please use plain text.
Top 40 Artist
TonyM

Re: Sony Vaio SVT13124CXS Memory Upgrade - What brand of RAM is compatible with it? Has 1 open dim s

Hello Josh,

Thanks for the post.

The computer model # (SVT13124CXS) is installed with 4GB (4GB x 1 Fixed Onboard) RAM of type/speed DDR3/1600MHz and can be further upgraded up to a maximum of 8 GB.

It is recommended to upgrade the RAM module with the specifications that the computer is shipped. Purchase the compatible RAM module of any brands from your favorite hardware vendor.

Regards,

Tony.

Please use plain text.