Welcome to the Community!

VAIO - Upgrade, Backup, & Recovery

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Enthusiast
Message 1 of 5 (1,812 Views)
Accepted Solution

Sony Viao SVE15128CXS battery not detected! please help!

I want to know if anyone may know how to fix this issue, I had the original battery replaced by a company through ebay who comfirmed the battery was compatiable with my laptop. I ocassionally get the battery to be "detected" but at times it will show that there is no battery detected. I have tried upgrading drivers, windows 10 now etc. I am not sure what else to do how can i fix this issue?

Message 2 of 5 (1,747 Views)

Re: Sony Viao SVE15128CXS battery not detected! please help!

Hi Kamuei,

Welcome to Sony Community!

Please check out the link below to troubleshoot the issue on the battery, https://us.en.kb.sony.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/43943. If it's still the same then the unit needs repair, https://esupport.sony.com/US/p/service.pl?XID=M:header:esupport

Regards,
Jen

Answered your question? Glad I could help! Please Click the "Accept as Solution" button below.

Highlighted
Enthusiast
Message 3 of 5 (1,660 Views)

Hey i was wondering what do you mean as in repair as in the battery or laptop? I noticed this model there seems to be a large number of "replacement" batteries rather than the oem battery. Is it still possible to make this battery compatible with my laptop with some tweaking. I did all the troubleshoot sometimes the battery is recognized for a week and at times it goes away and comes back in a sense. 

Message 4 of 5 (1,616 Views)

Hi Kamuei,

If the issue wasn't resolved after completing the troubleshooting then we suggest that you bring the unit together with the battery to the repair center to have them diagnose it. By the way, is the replacement battery a Sony battery? 

Regards,
Jen

Answered your question? Glad I could help! Please Click the "Accept as Solution" button below.

Enthusiast
Message 5 of 5 (1,421 Views)

Yes it was a replacement battery that was supposely compatible with my unit. I noticed the way my unit recognizes the battery is whenever it shows undetected I connect to the AC power block, I simply remove and reattach the battery when the unit is being powered by the AC power block. Only at that time the battery will indicated detected and will last usually a couple of a days until it shows the battery undetected again. 

Get Social

Share your ideas Watch YouTube Support Videos follow us on Twitter Visit us on Facebook