Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Rookie
Message 1 of 3 (494 Views)

Upgrade SSD and RAM

Hi i have a SVD13215CLW and it is a grate machine, 8GB RAM, 125 SSD etc

So, for RAM

1. Please let me know if RAM upgrade is possible and what is the max capacity possible.
  2. If upgrade is possible what is the part no. of RAM module from Sony or compatible part
  3. If upgrade is possible, is it recommended to replace the existing pre-installed RAM module too for better sync between the 2 modules or it would not make any difference. 

FOR SSD

1. Please let me know if SSD upgrade is possible to 500 gb or 1Tb capacity
  2. If upgrade is possible what is the compatible part

Thanks

Harvey V

Message 2 of 3 (272 Views)

Re: Upgrade SSD and RAM

Hi, Mecavito

Thank you for visiting Sony Community! 

SVD13215CLW appears to be a non-U.S. model. For best assistance, we kindly recommend visiting our Sony Global Website for information on contacting the Sony Support Center in your region at http://www.sony.net/SonyInfo/Support/. Due to proximity, they are in a better position to respond to your questions or concerns.

Regards,

Vincent 

If my post answers your question, please mark it as "Accept as Solution"

Apprentice
Message 3 of 3 (216 Views)

Re: Upgrade SSD and RAM

[ Edited ]

It only took a couple min. to find out this model is within latin america region.

This link should take you to your supplied model number !?

https://esupport.sony.com/LA/p/model-home.pl?mdl=SVD13215CLW&LOC=3#/manualsTab

Siento non hablos espanos  (sp?)  Smiley Wink

Edit:

By-the-way  when it comes to RAM ya don't need to buy from Sony even if they wanted to,   you can buy from any manufacturer as long as the specs are similiar.

example: for my Vaio K' had the 8gb ram module (max. allowed for this 2011 model) with ddr3/1066.

SSD-- the 'box' size is same,  you can likely double up to a 500 but beyond,  that $$ ?

good luck,

D'

Get Social

Share your ideas Watch YouTube Support Videos follow us on Twitter Visit us on Facebook