Welcome to the Community!

VAIO - Upgrade, Backup, & Recovery

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Enthusiast
Message 1 of 4 (545 Views)

Upgrade the CPU

hi guys,I had my dad laptop ,Sony Vaio PCG-7184L, with the CPU , (VGN-NW240F) Processor, The processor can be replaced with an identical or compatible processor, I want to change the CPU with faster one ,my question is , what is the faster CPU that the MOBO of the laptop can take and what is the code or the number of it? thank you.

Message 2 of 4 (482 Views)

Re: Upgrade the CPU

Hi ZuhairMohammed,

Welcome to Sony Community!

I sent you a private message please check. 

Regards, 

Jen

Answered your question? Glad I could help! Please Click the "Accept as Solution" button below.
Enthusiast
Message 3 of 4 (460 Views)

thank you for the answer ,but,I didn't find the message,could you send it again to my email,zuhair_mohamed2000@yahoo.com

Highlighted
Message 4 of 4 (223 Views)

Hi ZuhairMohammed,

We don't recommend an upgrade on any VAIO laptops because the parts are all integrated with each other. We can't guarantee the outcome after the upgrade. In addition, replacing any parts might do more damage to the laptop. 

Although it may be possible to achieve what you mentioned but Sony does not support or provide assistance for this.

Regards,
Jen

Answered your question? Glad I could help! Please Click the "Accept as Solution" button below.

Get Social

Share your ideas Watch YouTube Support Videos follow us on Twitter Visit us on Facebook