Welcome to the Community!

VAIO - Upgrade, Backup, & Recovery

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Rookie
Message 1 of 2 (1,104 Views)

Upgrades I don't want to upgrade can I just keep the default windows 8

Last upgrade Windows 10 after all them hours of updates for the other upgrade 8.1 when did the updates ran fine first week, then after all the updates and programs installed!  My Online Game Warcraft use disk space.  Chrome browser was not able to run, The new Windows Edge Browswer was taken over, and all them extra programs Cortana not needed or wanted! All disk space was used up and error reporting was sending me warnings! That cause my laptop to run out of disk space was only able to recover my computer with Recovery the drivers were not available going back to the previous version 8.1 which was the upgrade recommended before the new upgrade to Windows 10! Then had to recover all windows programs from the VAIO Rescue (Recovery from factory) not good, I am happy to just use the Windows 8 default that was Orginial Version when I  bought my laptop!  

Highlighted
Message 2 of 2 (1,067 Views)

Re: Upgrades I don't want to upgrade can I just keep the default windows 8

Hi G215

Welcome to Sony Community! 

You didn't mention the exact model name of the unit. We suggest performing a full format recovery outside Windows. Follow the guidelines here: https://us.en.kb.sony.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/36806/c/65,66/kw/recovery%20outside. 

Regards,

Vincent 

Answered your question? Glad I could help! Please Click the "Accept as Solution" button below.

Get Social

Share your ideas Watch YouTube Support Videos follow us on Twitter Visit us on Facebook