Language: English / Spanish
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

welcome to Sony's community site

Get involved! Whether you are here to ask or give help - we are happy you stopped by and look forward to seeing you in the future! Please watch our Welcome Video to get started.

VAIO - Upgrade, Backup, & Recovery

Groovin'
paul-v
Accepted Solution

Vaio recovery wizard cannot find the recovery partition

[ Edited ]

I was infected with the department of justice virus on 9/15/13 and was going to restore my system with the vaio recovery wizard. I installed my recovery cd and then decided to use an alternate method of recovery. I then cancelled the vaio recovery and went back to a previous setpoint and the computer is booting up ok after moving back to a previous date. I now get 'Vaio recovery wizard cannot find the recovery partition' when starting the wizard. An unmounted volume of 5.01gb shows up when starting a defrag. Disk manager shows the 5.01GB partition is healty. Any help is needed.    (pcv-rs210 using windows xp)

Please use plain text.
trung

Re: Vaio recovery wizard cannot find the recovery partition

paul-v,

Try accessing the hidden partition with the F10 key.  If that still does not work then you'll need the recovery media discs to restore it back to factory default.  Unfortunately the recovery discs for this model is no longer available.  You can try finding it online (p/n A-8115-109-A) or install a retail copy of WinXP and install the drivers from esupport..

If my post answers your question, please mark it as "Accept as Solution"

Please use plain text.
Groovin'
paul-v

Re: Vaio recovery wizard cannot find the recovery partition

The fix includes

File:
SO-Z00010801DB.EXE and VAIO® Recovery Patch Utility instructions. Do not proceed with recovery. The wizard will work ok after following these instructions.
Please use plain text.