VAIO - Upgrade, Backup, & Recovery

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted
Enthusiast
Message 1 of 3 (719 Views)

Windows 10 upgrade: No OS Upgrade mode

I upgraded from Windows 8 to 10. VAIO Control Center no longer available, so battery stops charging at 80%.

I have downloaded VAIO update program and done all automatic and manual updates. However, there was never any "OS Upgrade Mode" that I read about in these upgrade instructions. When I try to download the specific update for the Control Center from this page, it says that "A newly version has already been installed on your computer. Installation is stopped". 

Please advise, I would love to get my computer its fully battery potential again...

Computer: SVF13N190X

Message 2 of 3 (619 Views)

Re: Windows 10 upgrade: No OS Upgrade mode

Hi, Jneutron

Upgrade Mode is simply the actual process or state of upgrading the OS or installing updates. 

Regards,

Vincent 

If my post answers your question, please mark it as "Accept as Solution"

Enthusiast
Message 3 of 3 (560 Views)

Re: Windows 10 upgrade: No OS Upgrade mode

Hi VincentM,

Thank you for your response, but could you please take the time to read what I wrote as opposed to just the title? 

Also, in the first link that I provided, which are the VAIO instructions for Windows 10, it states the following: 

2. At the message VAIO Update is running in OS Upgrade Mode, click OK.

So I guess I could more accuratenly say that I did not receive this message. 

Regardless, the underlying problem is that I am unable to get VAIO Control Center on my computer, which makes it so that I am not able to adjust certain settings, like the one that controls the battery saving function that charges the battery to a max of 80%.

Thanks again for your time.

Get Social

Share your ideas Watch YouTube Support Videos follow us on Twitter Visit us on Facebook