Language: English / Spanish
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

welcome to Sony's community site

Get involved! Whether you are here to ask or give help - we are happy you stopped by and look forward to seeing you in the future! Please watch our Welcome Video to get started.

VAIO - Upgrade, Backup, & Recovery

Tuning Up
auxbellum
Accepted Solution

how can I get recovery disks for a SONY VAIO Model: PCV-A1111L VPCL111FX/B

My computer crashed and the HD is dead, I can't even booy from it.  Does anyone know how to recover the contents of my desktop and how to get recovery disks?  pls reply to auxbellum@gmail.com

Please use plain text.
Groovin'
DaNPrS

Re: how can I get recovery disks for a SONY VAIO Model: PCV-A1111L VPCL111FX/B

Recovery disks should be made by the end user on their specific machine when they first obtain it. Kind of late for that now. You can still try to connect your HDD to a differnt machine and access your files that way, otherwise there are companies that specializee on data recovery... for the right ammount of money.  

Please use plain text.
Groovin'
SonyTech

if you are in the US you can call Parts and Accessories Sales (18004887669) to order Recovery disk for your computer. 

Please use plain text.
Groovin'
pcmagic298

One thing that im noticing that is increasingly common is that Sony isnt offering discs for their computers anymore. When this happens, the customer still NEEDS the recovery media or restore disk for their machine. Our office ends up purchasing them from a third party company that stocks these disks. Delivery typically happens in 4-5 business days but for emergencys you can purchase them with next day shipping and receive them in 2 days. I found your disc set for your machine:

www.recovery-disks.com - this is the main site we use, if you need any other recovery disk set you can type it in at the top and it will search their database.

http://www.recovery-disks.com/sony-vaio-desktop-vpcl111fx-b.html - that is the link for your actual computer. i just typed in the model number and it looks like they do have your particular restore disk in stock.

good luck!

Please use plain text.
Groovin'
SantoshKagvate

Re: how can I get recovery disks for a SONY VAIO Model: VGN-CR353 in India?

Sir/Madam, I'm  in India. Are there any such parts / accessories solution here? Please guide me.

Please use plain text.
Aaron_Finch

Hi Santosh, Unfortunately, we are unable to assist customers outside of the US. We kindly recommend visiting our Sony Global Web site for information on contacting the Sony Support Center in your region at http://www.sony.net/SonyInfo/Support/. Thanks~Aaron.

Please use plain text.
Tuning Up
sid03

If the laptop is still functional, can I build the recovery disks form the laptop ?

Don't work on a lot of Sonys,  Thanks for the help.

Sid.

Please use plain text.